• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What's the latest UPS has delivered to your house? They routinely come around 6:00 pm but I've got a delivery today that still says out for delivery and it's 6:45 pm. I'm guessing I'm at the end of his run.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I've gotten a delivery from UPS between 6:30-7PM before. Guy told me he had gotten held up doing something and it put him behind.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's marked as out for delivery at 6:59 am. Is that the driver scanning it and loading it into his own truck or is there a crew that does that for him? If it's the driver scanning it, these guys have to be putting in 12+ hour days routinely.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    730 once. Was waiting for my laptop. That was at my old house though, now they come way early because of all the businesses near by.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    FedEx chick didn't know how lucky she was to go home one night. I really don't appreciate people wandering my yard with flashlights in the dark. I saw it on the camera and met her at the door. She was somewhat startled. My UPS guy knows me; we wave at each other on the road.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I think the latest they're supposed to go for residential address is 7:00.
    They always show up before noon here, though.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    My UPS guy makes two runs through the neighborhood each day....priority first, ground second. He works 60 hours a week. Usually the second run is no later than 7:00 p.m. But during Christmas....it can be as late at 10:00 p.m.
    Like I say...he's capped at 60 hours...so it's all a matter of when they cut him loose in the terminal in the morning.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    A buddy of mine works the pre-load in Louisville, he's done the 2 or 3 AM to 8 AM for years. I've asked him why he doesn't bid on a driver job, and he says he doesn't want to work the long hours the drivers do. Pretty much 12 hour days all week, they make good money, though. I've had deliveries as late as 8:00 PM.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    It depends on the nature of the shipment. When I use to drive I would have shipments come in on comercial flights and have to deliver to residential address at 1 am.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    ive had one delivered after 8. Happens, depends on the season, and I know UPS is cutting back, making drivers work more then the already 60 hour weeks. Just like the Steel Mills around NWI, with all the constant overtime could hire more people instead of trying to kill the ones they have.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    They were by about 7:45 a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately they are undependable so you can't plan. Somedays they will be there in the morning between 9 and 10; and if no one is home they leave a sticky on the door saying they will be back the next day and have checked both the 10:30-2:00 and 2:00-5:00 boxes. When they return it is usually closer to 7:00.

whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    The routes are run with the way the, package cars, are loaded each day. Drivers get shuffled and service suffers. Their load info is put into the boards they carry instructing them how to run the route, if everything goes correctly which it dont. The hand held board they carry sends real time info back to the center so they can track EVERY movement they make.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    It's marked as out for delivery at 6:59 am. Is that the driver scanning it and loading it into his own truck or is there a crew that does that for him? If it's the driver scanning it, these guys have to be putting in 12+ hour days routinely.

It's "out for delivery" whenever the loader scans it and puts it on the truck. The truck can run to different times each night. My girlfriend's dad is a driver for them. Some nights he's home by six, some nights ten. It just depends on the time of the year, how many drivers call in sick, and how many pick ups they have that day.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    ive had one delivered after 8. Happens, depends on the season, and I know UPS is cutting back, making drivers work more then the already 60 hour weeks. Just like the Steel Mills around NWI, with all the constant overtime could hire more people instead of trying to kill the ones they have.

My driver says DOT regulations limit them to a maximum 60 hours per week. :dunno:

(Which he says is a good thing, otherwise UPS would have him working 80 hours a week during Christmas.)

Top Bottom