• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Actually my delivery guy has been a friend of ours for years. Sometimes when he's running late, he'll come in for supper with us. Not his fault sorting hubs screw up.

This right here.

Never fed one a meal, have given out plenty of ice cold water bottles or pops/snacks. On rare occasion if it's a new kid that I don't recognize; before they leave we know each other.

Every time I go to the grocery and an item won't scan I'm reminded while technology is helpful it ain't infallible. Some of us here need to try delivering 300+ pkgs to 150+ doors a day every day for a real perspective of expectations.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've had the least trouble from UPS, and the worst from the USPS which I NEVER use if I can help it.

I had one time a few years ago I ordered some Glock mags.
    They were showed as "delivered" and signed for by some guy that sounded like a nickname from a street gang.

I immediately called UPS and told them that gun parts had been delivered to the wrong place.

I further told them "If these gun parts aren't delivered soon, I will be calling in the Feds at Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms".

About 1/2 hour later, a REALLY SKETCHY UPS driver that I had never seen before or since, delivered my Glock Mags.

Other than that one time, I've had no trouble with UPS.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    I have had a total of four packages lost this past year by UPS. One was a 12' long, 120 pound package (a patio awning) that was listed as delivered but I never received. I was home at the time they said it was delivered and I seriously doubt it was stolen off my porch. After multiple contacts with UPS and the seller, I got the item 6 weeks late. THEN, 2 weeks after that I recvd notification from UPS that they had a delivery for me...yep, you guessed it...the package they lost. I will never ship UPS and do not order from vendors who ship via UPS unless there is no alternative.

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    My biggest problem is the delivery was on a Saturday and me and my whole family was home. My dogs never alerted to someone outside as they usually do. My Ring door bell shows no UPS delivery. And I had a fedex package on my porch. The package wasn’t stolen, simply not delivered. And for UPS to continually tell me it was delivered (without proof) is irritating. I understand holiday issues and would understand a delay. But when the package is scanned back into UPS, presumably because whomever got the package returned it, and they can’t get it to me in a week is rediculous.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My biggest problem is the delivery was on a Saturday and me and my whole family was home. My dogs never alerted to someone outside as they usually do. My Ring door bell shows no UPS delivery. And I had a fedex package on my porch. The package wasn’t stolen, simply not delivered. And for UPS to continually tell me it was delivered (without proof) is irritating. I understand holiday issues and would understand a delay. But when the package is scanned back into UPS, presumably because whomever got the package returned it, and they can’t get it to me in a week is rediculous.

I've had this happen a couple of times too. One package said it was sent to a Metro PCS cell phone store that also acts as a sort of mini UPS Store about a mile from my house (not to my house to which the package was addressed). When I went there, they had no idea what I was talking about (package hadn't been delivered there). Finally got it a few days later. Another time, it was delivered to the house next door, despite my address being displayed on my mailbox, my garage door, AND on a sign at the end of my driveway. I just happened to find that package when I decided to go look on a whim.

But, all in all, I generally have pretty good luck with most shippers. If I happened to be outside when he arrived, one UPS driver that was my "regular" for awhile used to tell me, "Got some more gun food for ya!" if he was delivering ammo. :)

FedEx did change their policy on ammo delivery. I used to be able to order ammo from the CMP, and they only ship via FedEx and always required a signature. Since I would normally be at work when it was scheduled for delivery, I would have it shipped to the nearest FedEx store to me. At some point, they decided that ammo was just too dangerous for them to have in their store, so I would have to have it shipped to the FedEx hub out near the airport. It was kept on the same type of shelving at the hub as it was at the store, so I don't know how the hub magically made it safer. :n00b: Actually that may have just been the FedEx store's policy that changed and not FedEx in general. Still a stupid policy IMHO.

Top Bottom