• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Loosely related: I can recall some years back, that I had ordered something; Amazon, Ebay, or some other vendor; not sure. I was working the garage all afternoon one day and just decided to take a break. I went to the computer and looked up the tracking info and it showed "Delivered". I was like wow, I did not hear them in the driveway. But, I went outside and looked around the front door, front porch, back door, back porch, went to the mailbox; nothing. I went to the vendor site and sent a message out that the parcel was shown as "Delivered", but we did not have the item. I encouraged the vendor to get in touch with their shipper because it was not here.

The next day; similar scenario; working in the garage; when I heard the sound of a truck motor in the driveway. I opened the overhead door and this tiny little lady was carrying our parcel to the front door. I kind of dumped on her; like: what are you guys doing? Padding your stats? I went on to say that it showed "Delivered" yesterday. She was very quiet and couldn't leave fast enough. This was FedEx.

During that time, it seemed that FedEx continued a pattern of claiming earlier than actual delivery dates at least for a while. I am not sure, but don't think this is happening now.
    I had to go to the postmaster because every Sunday Amazon delivery about 7 years ago when Amazon was using them for last mile delivery they would say business closed, but it was open and staff was sitting there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is an interesting topic. It appears to me that Amazon is a give as you get business. Not sure which came first the chicken or the egg. I recently ordered a sheet set that were a brand I have bought for over twenty years, they were clearly counterfeit goods. It took a third call to get where I needed to get to after following their procedures but they acknowledged my assertion and refunded my money and told me to discard them.

My outcomes with Amazon have been perfect as we do not return crap every few seconds, so I suspect that our accounts have scores based on orders vs. returns vs. questionable returns that determines how they handle issues. Other friends that buy similar but have constant returns have more trouble…
    Its an interesting issue. look up amazon product comingling. No matter who sends stuff in, they all go in the same bins for distro if it has the same UPC. Because its all the same, right?

Leupold decides to setup a storefront. So they ship a couple pallets of 3-9x40 Buckslayer scopes (yeah I know), and Amazon spreads them out across the warehouses so they can have it in your hands in a day or two no matter where you are.

Then an Importer named Chang brings in two pallets of counterfeits from his brother's factory in China. He contracts with Amazon to resell for him too. And since AMZ already has bins for the Buckslayers already, Chang's boxes go into the same bin, ASSSUMING they are legit. :whistle: :lala:

So anyone who thinks they are being safe by shopping at the official Leupold store for that $700 top tier scope, might get Chang's counterfeit instead even though they thought they were doing the right thing by shopping at the official store.

So buyer beware on Amazon for anything high end or precision. You might not get authentic product.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had to go to the postmaster because every Sunday Amazon delivery about 7 years ago when Amazon was using them for last mile delivery they would say business closed, but it was open and staff was sitting there.
    Dont get me started on the USPS and package deliveries.
    8:46AM Package loaded onto truck for delivery.
    8:47 AM Unable to deliver package. (insert bogus reason the customer is at fault here)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Its an interesting issue. look up amazon product comingling. No matter who sends stuff in, they all go in the same bins for distro if it has the same UPC. Because its all the same, right?

Leupold decides to setup a storefront. So they ship a couple pallets of 3-9x40 Buckslayer scopes (yeah I know), and Amazon spreads them out across the warehouses so they can have it in your hands in a day or two no matter where you are.

Then an Importer named Chang brings in two pallets of counterfeits from his brother's factory in China. He contracts with Amazon to resell for him too. And since AMZ already has bins for the Buckslayers already, Chang's boxes go into the same bin, ASSSUMING they are legit. :whistle: :lala:

So anyone who thinks they are being safe by shopping at the official Leupold store for that $700 top tier scope, might get Chang's counterfeit instead even though they thought they were doing the right thing by shopping at the official store.

So buyer beware on Amazon for anything high end or precision. You might not get authentic product.
    I have been warning folks of the practice of co-mingling inventory for a while now. Heck it even happens with bed sheets. Also the counterfeits are getting so visually accurate that Trijicon no longer even tries to help the consumer identify the fakes as they used to.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I'm thinking create new Amazon account with new email address... not sure if they track that, but for $500 I'd be figuring that out if Amazon didn't play nice.
    Not just an email. Its credit cards and billing addresses that are flagged. Both personal and business.

We'll see how this ends up. Might just have to sell a Glock or two......

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Our local post office was like that before Amazon started its own delivery business. They abused the little Whitestown post office. Used to know every employee by first name. Then it became a revolving door of new people every week and most of the time you could not park in the little parking lot due to employee cars filling all spots.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Our local post office was like that before Amazon started its own delivery business. They abused the little Whitestown post office. Used to know every employee by first name. Then it became a revolving door of new people every week and most of the time you could not park in the little parking lot due to employee cars filling all spots.
    Agree but that was the postal service not Amazons fault. The PO wanted the money…

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

My wife's employer did a brief test on Amazon and stopped it over this, among other issues she told me (but I can't recall).

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Yep. Until it stops moving for more than 2 business days, they still know where it is. Kinda. It may have been rerouted across country, but they still know where it is so its not lost. I had that happen too. Overnighted cables from Louisville to Indy. They didnt show. They got put on a plane to LA. :facepalm: Of course once UPS figured it out they stopped rushing. Gee, UPS, dont ya think that I spent extra to get it here fast, that I still need it here ASAP and you should do whatever reasonable to maintain the shipping urgency until it arrives? Nooooooooo...

Instead they put it on a truck to be driven back to Indy like it was a ground ship all along without so much as a "sorry". (or refund) I had to twist the vendor's arm to refund the difference between air and ground.

Which reminds me of the 2'x3' piece of 18ga sheet metal I ordered. It totally disappeared. It got put on a truck never to be seen again. Until it showed up 18 months later. By the looks of the beat up "box", (2 sheets of cardboard taped together) it fell behind some shelves on the truck and now had tens of thousands of miles on it.
    Having spent a couple of years inside a UPS hub during my otherwise misspent youth, I can imagine a couple of scenarios where that would happen with a flat that size.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Having spent a couple of years inside a UPS hub during my otherwise misspent youth, I can imagine a couple of scenarios where that would happen with a flat that size.
    yeah, in the end the outcome was actually positive. The original loss wasnt too bad. it was replaced by the vendor.

And when the original shipment arrived looking like it had literally tens of thousands of miles of it as if it was passed around the globe as a "Flat Stanley" of sorts, we all got a good laugh out of it. So I guess you could say it all ended well.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Update on my UPS shipment that disappeared . . .
    Status of my shipment changed from "Investigation Initiated" to "Claim Issued" which means they've notified the company shipping it to me that it's been lost/stolen and they cannot find it. UPS investigation to find it ran for a week. I'm calling the company tomorrow . . . My first contact with them a week ago about the shipment being in UPS Purgatory initiated their "Where is it?" inquiry with UPS and the UPS investigation. I anticipate they'll be sending a replacement by the end of the week.

Hoping others' issues with UPS progress toward resolution.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    My wife is the queen of returns. She buys a lot of stuff and returns a lot of stuff. I cannot estimate the percentage that she actually keeps, but have to say that Amazon has never complained. I suspect that Amazon makes returns the burden of the actual sellers.
    You are correct. Any time there is a return, the seller pays a certain amount of the price and then there are 2 or 3 other return fees on top of the first. I researched this info months back when a seller was trying to stick me with an item with missing parts. I used the info against him to get a replacement item that i needed when i was building rc airplanes.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Update on my UPS shipment that disappeared . . .
    Status of my shipment changed from "Investigation Initiated" to "Claim Issued" which means they've notified the company shipping it to me that it's been lost/stolen and they cannot find it. UPS investigation to find it ran for a week. I'm calling the company tomorrow . . . My first contact with them a week ago about the shipment being in UPS Purgatory initiated their "Where is it?" inquiry with UPS and the UPS investigation. I anticipate they'll be sending a replacement by the end of the week.

Hoping others' issues with UPS progress toward resolution.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if some of the employees worked there so long that they know what gets shipped in certain small boxes. Some things need to be placed in bigger boxes to mask the actual item.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if some of the employees worked there so long that they know what gets shipped in certain small boxes. Some things need to be placed in bigger boxes to mask the actual item.
    This is an entire upper receiver including barrel (sans BCG, muzzle device or charging handle) -- so it's going to be in an oblong box that could conceivable contain a complete rifle.

Called company I bought it from today . . . they've received the "claim approved" from UPS and are shipping out a replacement. Hoping others get decent resolutions to their UPS nightmares.

Wild T

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    I purchased a firearm on line and it got shipped via UPS and have not been deliver, I called them and they don't know where the package is. what is the best course of action if my firearm is not found by UPS?
    Maybe it was delivered and someone stole it. Check for ring cameras around you.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Loosely related: I can recall some years back, that I had ordered something; Amazon, Ebay, or some other vendor; not sure. I was working the garage all afternoon one day and just decided to take a break. I went to the computer and looked up the tracking info and it showed "Delivered". I was like wow, I did not hear them in the driveway. But, I went outside and looked around the front door, front porch, back door, back porch, went to the mailbox; nothing. I went to the vendor site and sent a message out that the parcel was shown as "Delivered", but we did not have the item. I encouraged the vendor to get in touch with their shipper because it was not here.

The next day; similar scenario; working in the garage; when I heard the sound of a truck motor in the driveway. I opened the overhead door and this tiny little lady was carrying our parcel to the front door. I kind of dumped on her; like: what are you guys doing? Padding your stats? I went on to say that it showed "Delivered" yesterday. She was very quiet and couldn't leave fast enough. This was FedEx.

During that time, it seemed that FedEx continued a pattern of claiming earlier than actual delivery dates at least for a while. I am not sure, but don't think this is happening now.
    This exact reason is why amazon will not use usps like they used to, they stopped for a while, but now ship smaller items. Usps used to mark then delivered to appease the 2 day shipping when they would be days behind.

Top Bottom