• ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Just a heads up folks.

The ups store in muncie, in front of lowes, does not/will not ship firearms, firearm parts, or anything to a firearm manufacturer.

Spend your money wisely ingo

Shred

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I could be mistaken, but I don't think any of the UPS Stores will ship firearms or ammo. I've never tried shipping parts. Fedex stores are pretty much the same. They want you to go to their central hub for those items (shipping or receiving). I used to be able to have ammo from the CMP shipped to the Fedex store near me, but they put an end to that. I usually have ammo shipped to my house, but when buying from the CMP, they always require a signature so I'd have it routed to the Fedex store.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    "...When shipping firearms with UPS, it is important to firearms can only be shipped through a UPS scheduled pickup account or by visiting a UPS Customer Center. Subsequently, firearms are not accepted for shipment via UPS drop boxes. Also, shippers cannot drop off guns at any UPS stores or third-party retailers. This means you cannot drop off a package that is ready to ship. However, you can purchase the shipping labels from a UPS Store or third party retailer..."

https://www.refundretriever.com/blog/shipping-firearms-ups

The information is out there.

I do spend my money wisely and request UPS when opportunity presents.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Saw a guy a couple of weeks ago ship a holster somewhere at the UPS store I frequent. He had it all boxed up, labeled, and everything and when asked what it was, he replied "gun holster"... The clerk about turned white because someone said "gun". Then she had to ask the manager about it... :rolleyes:

These are sporting goods. If you're not breaking any laws, then just keep your lips sealed.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    "...When shipping firearms with UPS, it is important to firearms can only be shipped through a UPS scheduled pickup account or by visiting a UPS Customer Center. Subsequently, firearms are not accepted for shipment via UPS drop boxes. Also, shippers cannot drop off guns at any UPS stores or third-party retailers. This means you cannot drop off a package that is ready to ship. However, you can purchase the shipping labels from a UPS Store or third party retailer..."
    https://www.refundretriever.com/blog/shipping-firearms-ups
    The information is out there. I do spend my money wisely and request UPS when opportunity presents.

Many people don't realize that UPS (the shipper) and the UPS Stores (which are franchised owned), are separate business entities and have different guidelines and policies when it comes to shipping various items around the country. UPS can ship several 'restricted' items that the UPS Stores will not handle via drop-off! The UPS Stores cannot nor will not ship other items as well, including alcohol (of any kind), hazardous materials, 'live' medical or organic tissues, poisons, etc.
    Do your research first (aka, educate yourself), be smart about it (aka, follow the guidelines), and spend wisely!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Unless it's not HazMat, what I ship in the box is Not their business.

I always drop off gun related stuff at the hub, never had any problem.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I shipped some “machine parts” to Les Baer....

I dropped off some slides last night at the UPS store in Franklin to be sent to Jagerwerks for their Black Friday deal and said that exact thing. I just had them bump the insurance to the appropriate level which got a confused look for how small the box was, but no other questions.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Even the UPS Customer Centers are sometimes confused on their own internal policies and may decide to reject the shipment. I have had to discuss their policies with the service representative to accept the ammo I was trying to ship.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County

yes. in my experience it's hit or miss as to how friendly the clerks will be about it. The hub on Indy's west side was not too pleased about their policy; it took me about 3 times longer than it should have to get the item shipped. That could have just been the clerk was terrible in general, but she just about spit out her gum when I confirmed the long thin box was indeed a firearm.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I work at ups we do not ship firearms or hazmats (hazards materials)

That is absolutely ***NOT*** UPS corporate policy.

UPS moves likely thousands of firearms (long guns and handguns) along with millions of pounds of HAZMAT every day, including loaded ammunition, primers, and reloading powder.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That is absolutely ***NOT*** UPS corporate policy.

UPS moves likely thousands of firearms (long guns and handguns) along with millions of pounds of HAZMAT every day, including loaded ammunition, primers, and reloading powder.
    The guy is busy running for the classies, so he may not come back and explain his post.

Top Bottom