• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Me:
    Handgun = handy dandy S&W Model 64. Can kill small game with it, and defend well with it, and have a better chance of reclaiming brass so I can make more ammo, depending on where the firefight takes place. The gun is tough, will last forever with .38s, and .38 brass doesn't wear out easily. Not dependent on magazines, no matter what I can always drop six in nice and quick, even if I lose speedloaders or speedstrips.
    Lnng gun = .22. Can kill food with it, can kill people if I have to, can carry humongous amounts of ammo in very little space. It's quiet, so if we gotta pop someone while sneaking around the source of the shot is harder to find. Easy to make even quieter if wished.

Cathy:
    Handgun = 1911. Tough, powerful, and it's a gun she shoots well. Easily repaired of need be, crippled by dependancy on magazines but she's got the bad taste to prefer semi-autos to revolvers.
    Long gun = same reasons as for me

Sean:
    Handgun = Ruger MKIII 22/45. Same reasons as given for other .22s, unless we find ourselves with a second 1911.
    Long gun = Mossberg 500 pump. Not a game animal around we can't take with this gun and a variety of ammo, and handy for those social occasion may not provide enough emphasis.

Vehicle:
    Horses. They can go places cars can't, and can find their own fuel.

Edit: Of course, I ignored the "urban environment" part. I'm not in one, and would avoid being in one like the plague during a period of "unrest."

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Urban would be one of two combos....either a Glock 17 and my MPA-71, both in 9mm. The MPA 71 uses 72 round Suomi drums...

mpa71.jpg

the other combo would be my CZ52 and PPSh41, both in 7.62X25 with the Papashaw also using the 72 round drum...

papacz.jpg

Vehicle? If I used one it would be my 4X4 Dodge Dakota...

trucvt.jpg

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Taurus MilPro .45 (small, accurate, powerful, all I have)
    Mosin 91/30 (cheap and easy to find ammo, powerful, GREAT spear in a pinch)
    Mountain bike (can be carried or wheeled around obstacles, easy to fix, great for covering long distances, no need for gas)

Gotta think about these things. The zombies ARE coming in shambling masses. Always be prepared. :yesway:

GC Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    well hell yeah! you can hold a big stick..that way when we get going real fast down a hill you can hole it out and trip people and we can take their shoes and give em wedgies!!:rockwoot::dunno:
    This had me laughing for quite a while.
    :D
    Handgun - Polish Tokarev
    Rifle - STG58 Austrian FAL
    A horse they also make good perimeter alarms besides a way to get around.

415_Detonics I really like that Papashaw!!!

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I'll keep it simple....
    a .45 & and a 12 gauge..

My vehicle of choice would probably be a jeep wrangler unlimited 4 door with a 3in lift and some 35s with a nice winch!

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    If the urban environment was say an anarchival america gone crazy
    Rifle -m4 carbine
    Pistol-1911
    Vehicle- civilian seized military hummer
    Overseas I would go with the flow
    Rifle ak-47
    Pistol-beretta or sig 9mm
    vehicle- 4 wheel drive whatever

jefalatho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    I would think that in an urban situation where anarchy has erupted, trucks full of very well armed military or police personnel would not be far behind. Number one goal should be to separate yourself from the big group of people turning over cars and setting them on fire.

After that you would need to assess your options. If you are in a secure location with plenty of food, water, weapons, ammo, etc, you should stay put. A good riot control shotgun like a Mossberg 590 would be your best defense. I'd keep an XDm 40 on me at all times as well. Chances are the government will restore order in a short time.

If your location was compromised in some way, or if the government failed and your food and water runs out, then I'd want a 4-wheel drive vehicle that didn't stand out too much from other vehicles in the area. Don't care too much about the type. Chances are you'll have to ditch it and take another along the way anyhow. If I could only grab two guns on the way out it would be an M4 and an XDm 40 if it happened in the US. Overseas it would probably be an AK47 and a 9MM. Depends on where you are.

At all times I would attempt to stay covered or concealed as much as possible. Draw too much attention to yourself and you run the risk of the mob and the government deciding you're a threat.

All you really want to do is avoid all of the idiots and get out of Dodge.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    Rifle- Yugo AK underfolder (liking the support the AK platform is getting on this thread)

Pistol- 1911

Vehicle- My F250 7.3L PSD, head for BOL

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Xd .40 service, because I have the most mags for it.

AK47 because it can take a licking, and keep on spraying.

I'll just keep my Jeep Liberty, and get the heck out of the city. I would head for my Cousin's, or Uncle's house.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    Pistol: HK USP in .40 S&W. Reliable, accurate, and most law enforcement use .40 so it would be easy to replenish.

Long Gun: SKS. Not too heavy, not bad accuracy, and your AK will break before it does.

Vehicle: Something small and fast, with the ability to handle multiple surface types, like a rally car.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    What I have-
    Me- AR Heavy Barrel w/10-40x50mm Scope , 1911a
    Wife-M4gery w/red dot, M9 w/laser grips ,

Holding up in our well supplied home.

Escape Vehicle-my '99 Dakota Sport 4x4, hopefully up armored and loaded with all our supplies, if have enough time and warning and head to my Fathers place in the sub-suburbs.

Wish list-Taken from Nat'l Guard Armory, New 5 ton truck we have,M249 SAWs mounted on turret ring.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    with everything that is happening in Greece right now with the roits and all i was thinking.. what if you were in a urban enviroment....anarchy is the rule...road warrior style...you can only have 2 guns....handgun and long gun..whats your choice?...and just for giggles...what vehicle would you pick to rule your domain?:ar15:

I for one have become increasingly disheartened that OUR citizenry is a bit too restrained in being vocal about OUR rights being trampled by elected officials and SCOTUS, in comparison to other first world, mature governments.

I like the heated British Parliament debates where the PM has to defend his recent action amid very pointed, heated arguments, that are very well backed up by fact. Our current residing President would be unarmed without a TelePrompTer in the chambers for him to make anything but a knee-jerk one-sided political statement perhaps wrapped in his too often used racial undertone double-speak.

We have become too complacent to let our talk radio and other media push our arguments to the back of the bus and subject everyone to lambasting that when it is even attempted to flex our first amendment rights; vis a vis Tea Parties.

That being said, Greece is uber-corrupt.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Are we talking urban operations over a long term, or SERE situation?

Longterm -
    5.56 M4gery, G21, and 870 police model
    driving a fullsize diesel P/U 4x4

SERE -
    G19 suppressed
    MP5SD
    Serbu Super Shorty (might need to open some locked doors)
    driving (riding) a small super-muffled enduro bike

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    well hell yeah! you can hold a big stick..that way when we get going real fast down a hill you can hole it out and trip people and we can take their shoes and give em wedgies!!:rockwoot::dunno:

Only if you let me wear the Mickey Mouse ears. And I get first pick on shoes!

Top Bottom