• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So they never found the guy who didn't break any laws?

Was there at least some video surveillance footage to confirm it even happened? Or is all we have the hysterical ranting of some woman who may or may not have seen anything at all?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Guy was standing near a car holding a rifle/shotgun in his hands. Not quite the same.

So some ignoramus claims :rolleyes: Active shooter the new false bomb threat. It makes sense when you think about it, there are penalties for calling in a bomb threat but just claim you saw someone with what "looked" like a gun. Have they actually found a guy with a rifle/shotgun?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I guess to re-phrase my statement... My wife was asked to stay put inside the building and take shelter. Considering she had nowhere else to go since we carpool downtown and I drop her off she complied with what she was being asked to do. They did not say "you're free to go", they said "leave at your own risk, and understand once you exit the building you will not be allowed back in".

Well that's not as bad as I thought. As long as they allowed the option to leave, I wouldn't be upset (theoretically putting myself in her position). I thought you were saying they were forced to sit in a room until given permission to leave. I appreciate your response to clear my confusion :D

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Seems like every time I sign onto the news websites now theres always some crap about guns or "gunman"

FFS, People freak out just seeing a Rifle these days.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, here's the link from Channel 13: IUPUI gives all-clear after report of man with gun - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Apparently, from the what the IUPUI Chief is stating, some whack-job (PROBABLY an Obama voter!) 'saw' a long gun in the trunk when she walked by the guy's car. and flipped the heck out and made a "man with gun call". The gun never left the trunk of the car.

IMO, THAT female should be charged with making a false report. Tens of thousands of dollars in time and man-hours completely wasted because some bimbo saw a long gun (or perhaps just a gun case) in someone's trunk? Sorry, but IMO, SHE should be held to make restitution for the expenditure.

What's been amazing to me (read all the posts on, now, 19 pages) is how many folks here, arguably ALL pro-gun folks, also wigged-out, to a greater or lesser degree. Sad, really.

Finally, could / would someone be willing to post the exact IC that it's NOT illegal to carry a firearm on to University or College property? Someone posted this (IC 35-47-9):

Indiana Code 35-47-9

But that information does NOT say it's legal (or, not illegal) to carry a weapon on campus. IC 35-47-9 only states that it's legal IF the person carrying the weapon legally possesses it AND the weapon is in their vehicle AND they're dropping off or picking someone up on the school property. Someone (later response) also stated that a 'university or college' is NOT a school. Someone have the IN statute that so states this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, here's the link from Channel 13: IUPUI gives all-clear after report of man with gun - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Apparently, from the what the IUPUI Chief is stating, some whack-job (PROBABLY an Obama voter!) 'saw' a long gun in the trunk when she walked by the guy's car. and flipped the heck out and made a "man with gun call". The gun never left the trunk of the car.

IMO, THAT female should be charged with making a false report. Tens of thousands of dollars in time and man-hours completely wasted because some bimbo saw a long gun (or perhaps just a gun case) in someone's trunk? Sorry, but IMO, SHE should be held to make restitution for the expenditure.

What's been amazing to me (read all the posts on, now, 19 pages) is how many folks here, arguably ALL pro-gun folks, also wigged-out, to a greater or lesser degree. Sad, really.

Unbelievable. I really hope she gets publicly shamed for this ****.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Finally, could / would someone be willing to post the exact IC that it's NOT illegal to carry a firearm on to University or College property? Someone posted this (IC 35-47-9):

Indiana Code 35-47-9

But that information does NOT say it's legal (or, not illegal) to carry a weapon on campus. IC 35-47-9 only states that it's legal IF the person carrying the weapon legally possesses it AND the weapon is in their vehicle AND they're dropping off or picking someone up on the school property. Someone (later response) also stated that a 'university or college' is NOT a school. Someone have the IN statute that so states this?

The problem with citing the law you mentioned is that it applies only to K-12. A college is any other place out in public so far as the law is concerned. Our resident lawyers have visited this several times (but I don't feel like looking it up).

I agree that there should be consequences for someone seeing a case appropriate for a gun, maybe a trombone, maybe a golf bag, and going hysterical and calling 911.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Unbelievable. I really hope she gets publicly shamed for this ****.

You can bet that she won't be. What's happening, probably right this very moment, is she's sitting around with friends talking about what a scary day this was, and how lucky they all are. They're all telling her how brave she is, they're lamenting the fact that there are guns in the world, and wishing for more laws so that nobody would have them.

As they pass the weed back and forth, oblivious to the stupidity of their line of thinking.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The problem with citing the law you mentioned is that it applies only to K-12. A college is any other place out in public so far as the law is concerned. Our resident lawyers have visited this several times (but I don't feel like looking it up).

Thanks for the assistance, IndyDave. What I'm looking for isn't the opinions of lawyers (half of which lose in court, on a daily basis, btw :D ), but the actual statute that STATES the IC I cited "applies ONLY to K-12".

If anyone knows of a thread that cites that statute (or an outside link to the IC), that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    So the gun never left the trunk ?

IMO she should have to face some kind of charges for causing unwarranted mass panic and her face and name should be plastered on every local news station .

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    So the gun never left the trunk ?

IMO she should have to face some kind of charges for causing unwarranted mass panic and her face and name should be plastered on every local news station .

Heck, why not her face, name, ADDRESS, and phone number? Isn't that what that whacko paper did out East to LEGAL permit holders?

Oh wait, I forgot. As law-abiding citizens that UPHOLD the Constitution, and respect the privacy of others, WE don't do that. My bad. :patriot:

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute

Indiana Code 35-47-9

The linked article states the police took 3 reports. The original report states the gun was seen in the trunk of the car. Can anyone find any other information regarding the other two reports? I'd really like to know what they say before I go all "I told you so" to some idiots on facebook who think I'm extremist for demanding more information before getting worried about a guypossessing a gun.

hunterft6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Noblesville/Fishers

Indiana Code 35-47-9

Thanks in advance for any assistance.[/QUOTE]

Statutes generally do not define what is "legal"; rather, they are proscriptive in nature. In other words, they tell you what you cannot do, but they will not what you can do, with few exceptions. Unless an action is prohibited by statute, or some other other applicable law or regulation, it is "legal" by definition.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the assistance, IndyDave. What I'm looking for isn't the opinions of lawyers (half of which lose in court, on a daily basis, btw :D ), but the actual statute that STATES the IC I cited "applies ONLY to K-12".

If anyone knows of a thread that cites that statute (or an outside link to the IC), that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!
    The problem is laws don't state what is legal, they state what is illegal, sometimes with exceptions. Thus you will not find what you are looking for. Rest assured that there have been many discussions about colleges and it is ONLY against policy, not against the law. The only time it is illegal is when there is a daycare or other off limits facility on the campus but even then it is only illegal in that area.

hunterft6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Noblesville/Fishers
    I apologize. The portion of my post above prior to the word "Statutes" is a quotation of ModernGunner's earlier post. My attempt to "quote" his earlier post did not come out the way I intended.

Top Bottom