• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Doing some reading on uzitalk, and seen something I wanted to inform M11/9 owners of. I dont want to sound like Im just gossiping, but someone on there mentioned they are testing beltfed uppers in 7.62x39 and 5.56. They're just pending ATF approval. Im glad I seen it because I had a list of other things I was gonna spend my money on instead, but now I know to save. Just thought Id pass along the word incase anyone needs to do some saving.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Doing some reading on uzitalk, and seen something I wanted to inform M11/9 owners of. I dont want to sound like Im just gossiping, but someone on there mentioned they are testing beltfed uppers in 7.62x39 and 5.56. They're just pending ATF approval. Im glad I seen it because I had a list of other things I was gonna spend my money on instead, but now I know to save. Just thought Id pass along the word incase anyone needs to do some saving.

Seems to me someone attempted a belt-fed RPD-style upper in 7.62x39 a few years ago, but ATF ruled that it was itself a machine gun. I'm not holding my breath.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Seems to me someone attempted a belt-fed RPD-style upper in 7.62x39 a few years ago, but ATF ruled that it was itself a machine gun. I'm not holding my breath.

There was, but I believe they are reworking the upper so it meets BATFE's standards. I read something about a split upper receiver that makes it necessary to have the lower for it to work. Kind of like the AMP and MAX-31 uppers.

I dont know, Im not holding my breath, but I am saving my money.:D

9mmsubgun-m11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    We were just having a little fun with a joke on UziTalk. ATF will more than likely never approve a belt fed anything for the M11.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    We were just having a little fun with a joke on UziTalk. ATF will more than likely never approve a belt fed anything for the M11.

Trolling is quite the rage on UziTalk.

That being said, I'm still on the waiting list for the 12ga mini-shell caliber conversion for my AMP-10. I talked to someone at AA and they said maybe Q2 next year for availability. I still have no idea where I'd even be able to shoot that sucker (most outdoor ranges don't allow full auto and most indoor ranges don't allow shotgun shells), but I know I want it. :ar15:

9mmsubgun-m11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Well, I feel dumb now. I always fall for that stuff. I guess I'm too gullible.
    The joke all stems from the many belt fed rifles that mysteriously had MAC serial numbers several years ago. I believe these were confiscated by ATF and possibly destroyed. Not sure if anyone got prison time for that or not.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    The joke all stems from the many belt fed rifles that mysteriously had MAC serial numbers several years ago. I believe these were confiscated by ATF and possibly destroyed. Not sure if anyone got prison time for that or not.

Does that include the RPD upper that pops up every now and then over there?

Top Bottom