• Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Congressman Ron Paul <updates08@ronpaulforcongress.com>
    Date: Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    Subject: URGENT! Help Put John Hostettler on the Ballot in Indiana for the Cause of Lib

Congressman Ron Paul

Dear Supporter,
    My friend and former colleague John Hostettler is closing in on having the required number of signatures to put him on the ballot to run for the U.S. Senate. However, John specifically needs more signatures in the 6th and 7th Congressional districts. These districts are represented by Rep. Andre Carson in the 7th and Rep Mike Pence in the 6th.

Volunteers will be at the Holiday Inn North @ the Pyramids in Indianapolis TODAY February 11th from 10:00am - 10:00 pm to collect signatures from anybody who would like to stop by and sign a petition. From 8:30 pm until 10:00pm there will be a time to meet and speak personally with John Hostettler at the same location.

If volunteers would like to gather signatures from family and friends before coming to the motel, there is a Downloadable Form (PDF) of the candidate petition form with John Hosttetler's information already filled in.

Instructions for Petition form

Print out page one and if possible, print page 2 on the back of the form. Fill in the form with the requested signature information. Street addresses are required, P.O box addresses cannot be certified. Drop off your form at the Holiday Inn @ the Pyramids on February 11the between 8:00am and 10:00 pm. Even if you only have one signature, every signature counts, but why not have a few friends sign it too for the cause of liberty.

Directions:
    Holiday Inn Indianapolis-N @ The Pyramids
    3850 Depauw Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46268
    Take EXIT 27, I-465 & MICHIGAN ROAD (US 421)

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Reminder- Come over and meet John Hostettler at 8:30 tonight at the Holiday Inn Pyramids in Indy.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    He's seeking the Republican nomination. Realistically, who has the better chance of beating Evan Bayh... Hostettler, or Coates? I want Bayh OUT!

Am I correct in thinking that you would take Coats over Hostettler in order to get rid of Bayh? That Coats is somehow more electable than Hostettler?

I'm sorry but as for me I will never, never, NEVER support Dan Coats. What ties does he have to Indiana? What incentive does he have to put the values of conservative Hoosiers ahead of loyalty to the national RNC?

He quit the Senate race in 1998 and became a lobbyist until 2001. He then became an ambassador to Germany for a few years and then became a lobbyist again when he left the ambassadorship. He is now either a resident of Virgina or North Carolina and is in a big hurry to lease a house in Indianapolis so he can legally run. As an Indiana Senator, he voted to approve the original Clinton AWB.

While I now lean toward Hostettler, I think Stutzman would be a much better alternative choice than Dan Coats simply on the :ar15:issue!!! At the very LEAST, Stutzman still lives and works in Indiana!

Did I offend you? Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to let you know that I view Dan Coats as marginally better than Evan Bayh.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I am in the 6th but could not make it yesterday. Can these petitions be signed and mailed in or do they have to be delivered in person?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I am in the 6th but could not make it yesterday. Can these petitions be signed and mailed in or do they have to be delivered in person?

It would be better if you could hand deliver them to a coordinator. The absolute drop dead date is Tuesday at noon for the Secretary of State to receive so realistically they have to be collected by this weekend for delivery Monday so mailing is not fast enough. Try calling (812) 853-7471 and see if they know anyone who could take it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up. I hope we'll have at least a couple of viable alternatives in Hostettler and Stutzman.

'Carpetbagger' Coats is not an option as far as I'm concerned.

This is an opportunity to get a real conservative in there, not another RINO.

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Am I correct in thinking that you would take Coats over Hostettler in order to get rid of Bayh? That Coats is somehow more electable than Hostettler?

Did I offend you? Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to let you know that I view Dan Coats as marginally better than Evan Bayh.

No, you didn't offend me at all. I was asking the question. I actually signed Hostettler's petition to get on the ballot at the last Indy 1500 gun show. I've been a resident of Indiana for 7 years, so I don't know the history. It wasn't a rhetorical question, I really was asking who has the better chance of defeating Evan Bayh. As far as the Republican nomination goes, may the best man win.
    Seriously - thanks for the response, your opinion, and the history lesson.

Top Bottom