• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Except for the fact that Israel is in Syria selling off the gas and oil under the Golan Heights and has been for years!
    "Israel unilaterally annexed the Golan Heights in 1981. The move was not recognised internationally."
    Golan Heights profile - BBC News
    "The area was part of extreme southwestern Syria until 1967, when it came under Israeli military occupation, and in December 1981 Israel unilaterally annexed the part of the Golan it held."
    https://www.britannica.com/place/Golan-Heights
    View attachment 63954
    Lest we forget, Israel has been holding our leash for quite sometime!
    View attachment 63955
    IIRC International law allows for keeping territory captured in defensive wars, and given that

1)syria has never been willing to negotiate

2)the Golan and banias (source of the Jordan river) are of vital importance to Israel's security

then why should Israel suborn it's national security to the whims of an assembly composed primarily of Jew haters and despots?

Speaking of the UN, and the photo of Netanyahu talking about Iran's nuclear weapons program, why would you use THAT photo to support your silly claim that Israel "hold(s) our leash"? B.O. and his admin SIGNED that disastrous deal with Iran!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'd describe this as hell on Earth:

A poison gas attack late Saturday on a rebel-held town near Syria's capital has killed at least 40 people, activists, rescuers and medics said.

The alleged attack in Douma, about 10 miles east of Damascus, occurred amid a resumed offensive by Syrian government forces after the collapse of a truce.
    In all, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said at least 80 people were killed in Douma on Saturday, including around 40 who died from suffocation.
    In some cases, entire families were found suffocated in their houses and shelters, according to opposition-linked first responders known as the White Helmets.

And on queue from the regime (invoking Bart Simpson, I didn't do it!)
    Meanwhile, the Russian-backed Syrian government denied that its forces had launched any chemical attack, Reuters reported. The government said rebels in Douma, in eastern Ghouta, were in a state of collapse and spreading false news, the report said.

None of the reports could be immediately independently confirmed, both the Associated Press and Reuters said.

That independent confirmation is a bit difficult when the witnesses are dead.

Syria poison gas attack kills at least 40, activists and medics say | Fox News

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I can't believe they're accomplishing anything with gas that they couldn't with barrel bombs and indiscriminate shelling. My guess is this is to publicly tweak the United States. Possibly an attempt to brand us a paper tiger or possibly even an attempt to lure us into another attack on military infrastructure (for as yet unknown reasons)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Chlorine gas, along with another component that could be a nerve agent.

One of the scenarios is that Russia is fully testing its chemical arsenal - targeted killings and mass casualty events.

Yet, they are calling the chemical attack "staged" and a provocation by the US and UK.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

One of the scenarios is that Russia is fully testing its chemical arsenal - targeted killings and mass casualty events.

Yet, they are calling the chemical attack "staged" and a provocation by the US and UK.
    Did these guys hire Baghdad Bob to be their public affairs officer?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So why is it that we didn't find any "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq?

Maybe because while we were gearing up and announcing that we were coming in, a nonstop convoy of trucks were escaping to Syria.
    Coincidence? :rolleyes:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So why is it that we didn't find any "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq?

Maybe because while we were gearing up and announcing that we were coming in, a nonstop convoy of trucks were escaping to Syria.
    Coincidence? :rolleyes:

Ah ha ha, ah ha ha...didn't find them...that's some comedy right there. But yeah, the convoys were there...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Did these guys hire Baghdad Bob to be their public affairs officer?

The Bolsheviks blazed propaganda trails that Baghdad Bob couldn't even dream of. The Russians have been doing this a long time and are very good at it.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008

Cui bono? Given Assad's current upper hand in the war, it does seem to me like an awfully convenient time for his side to do something guaranteed to inspire international reprisals.

This is one of those conflicts where I have yet to see a side I'd call the good guys. Just a lot of bad guys making a lot of victims. From what I've seen, any of those bad guys would be capable of killing innocent people to advance their cause.

I do think if Russia wanted to test their chemical weapons there would be a lot more dead bodies.

Top Bottom