• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    It doesn't appear to have a mag in it nor do I see any on his vest. Perhaps the assumption is inaccurate.
    well if it is evidence then it is being handled very wrong! this was a picture from the w. virgiana shooting.....no assumption ment, it was a ?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It doesn't appear to have a mag in it nor do I see any on his vest. Perhaps the assumption is inaccurate.

That was my initial impression, but if you squint you can see what MIGHT be an AK mag baseplate in the back row of his mag stack, right next to the coyote brown pouch sticking up next to his pistol. Somehow, I doubt the guy was carrying that weapon with no light and the original military sling, though.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Is that the perp's weapon?

DING DING DING winner

In addition to the AK-47 assault rifle he used in the shooting, Picard also had a Glock pistol, the Gazette reported, relying on information from U.S. Marshal Patrick Sedoti.

it is not bagged, no gloves,no evidence id tag,walking away from the seen exposing it to all. I think that about all

And abby didn't run a mass spec on it nor did someone in quantico say "stat" over a video conference call on a 60" monitor. They probably did that hand held laser thing that picks up fingerprints then cross references interpol, NCIS, and the USDOJ to prove he in fact held it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    it is not bagged, no gloves,no evidence id tag,walking away from the seen exposing it to all. I think that about all

Real life =/= television. I'm a certified evidence tech, and how you collect a gun depends on what tests you want to run. If you want to run DNA, yeah, double glove and box it. If you want to run prints, with a long gun dust the few areas that will take a print on the scene and lift the prints. We tag at the property room for the most part, not onscene.

People tend to forget context. Just like the folks who think they'll get off on their charges because "they didn't read me my rights." Not every weapon gets a full crime lab workup, its a pointless waste of resources if there is no compelling reason to do so.

Top Bottom