US Military makes plans to fight war with Tea Party.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Hard to take it seriously when the hypothetical scenario story referenced in the links (which by the way, are redundant) gets trashed for its inability to consider the plausible consequences and not just the hyperbolic ones that fit the authors' fantasies.

Does the National Guard's role in disaster relief and support for civil authorities bother you as well?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Hard to take it seriously when the hypothetical scenario story referenced in the links (which by the way, are redundant) gets trashed for its inability to consider the plausible consequences and not just the hyperbolic ones that fit the authors' fantasies.

Does the National Guard's role in disaster relief and support for civil authorities bother you as well?

What she said

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

Well. I for one like smart girls. And I'll stand behind what ^ she said (especially because I know she's packin);)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not surprising they choose those violent Tea Partiers, based in their combative history :n00b: More likely scenerio will be a bunch of angry, formally government subsidized, wards resentful of their gravy train being derailed.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've read a couple analyses of this military article. While I'm far from a military strategist and didn't come CLOSE to attending the War College (wasn't eligible anyway) I've seen similar "far out" papers published over the years. Quite often, the primary purpose of the paper is to show off the writers' skills at critical thinking and prose, but sometimes they are just outside-of-the-box ways of drawing attention to a particular issue. I particularly recall a 1970s-ish paper that outlined a totally different strategy of aerial anti-tank operations than was being pursued by the Army. It had absolutely no bearing on the way the Army doctrine and training was developed, but it was an alternate view.

Oft times, the writers will use either a thinly-veiled reference to a real-world situation as the basis for their "begin state" and proceed from there; sometimes they will use a fanciful situation. There is also an element of the "political" by smart writers; they won't use a "verboten" scenario like an out-of-control OWS crowd, which is definitely out-of-bounds to the current Administration.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    US military developing plans to fight against Tea Party on US soil.

EDITORIAL: The Civil War of 2016 - Washington Times

Military officers told: Plan to fight Americans

We have a unit devoted to violating the Posse Comitatus Act that forbids US Military from domestic policing.
    http://youtu.be/uPukypFTBg4

The PCA only limits the Army and the Air Force (who came out of the Army after WW2). The Marines can be used to enforce federal laws.

And congress can modify the PCA to allow law enforcement duties by the military.

BTW, colonals write papers for the War College. In the end they are just that, papers. They do it for a grade, not as war plans. In general nothing ever happens to them.

And our military is not even close to being big enough to police the US. And LE is even smaller. it would take a force of 15 million to have a police state.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The PCA only limits the Army and the Air Force (who came out of the Army after WW2). The Marines can be used to enforce federal laws.

And congress can modify the PCA to allow law enforcement duties by the military.

BTW, Colonels write papers for the War College. In the end they are just that, papers. They do it for a grade, not as war plans. In general nothing ever happens to them.

And our military is not even close to being big enough to police the US. And LE is even smaller. it would take a force of 15 million to have a police state.

Normally, I try to say away from "fixing" other peoples' posts, but I hope this makes your sentence more understandable.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Military has canned plans to fight everyone and anyone. I would not be surprised to find that the Military has plans on how to fight Martians and little green men from the Moon...

McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    As a current member of the Ind National Gaurd, this won't happen. There is no way you could convince any of our soldiers to follow the order of attacking our own. Would I put on riot gear to stop a protest that got out of hand? Sure. But we won't go toe-to-toe with the US citizens. Unless they're jerks.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a current member of the Ind National Gaurd, this won't happen. There is no way you could convince any of our soldiers to follow the order of attacking our own. Would I put on riot gear to stop a protest that got out of hand? Sure. But we won't go toe-to-toe with the US citizens. Unless they're jerks.

In most cases you would never expect those in uniform to attack their fellow citizens. Even the police are not willing to do that.

Remember the use of mounted cavalry against the bonus marchers? Even then many soldiers refused to attack their fellows.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In most cases you would never expect those in uniform to attack their fellow citizens. Even the police are not willing to do that.

Remember the use of mounted cavalry against the bonus marchers? Even then many soldiers refused to attack their fellows.

There were enough obedient state servants to round up 100,000+ innocent American citizens and put them in concentration camps.

Top Bottom