• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I saw a blurb on Fox News tonight. They also said something about taking more money away from companies that have already paid back the loans.

Although Feinberg only has jurisdiction over these five companies, the pay czar is set to send a letter to all 419 firms that received money from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP). In the letter Feinberg is expected to request compensation data for the top 25 executives at these firms during the end-of-2008 bonus season. The goal is to examine pay packages for employees at these 419 firms who earned over $500,000.
    While Feinberg has no power to set pay at these 419 companies, he could expose companies for paying out lavish sums of money as the firms took taxpayer aid in the wake of the financial meltdown. The "name and shame" strategy could ultimately result in firms returning bonuses or salaries.
    "Do not underestimate the bully pulpit. The bully pulpit has worked well, I think, so far in what I'm doing," Feinberg said.
    As required by the 2009 stimulus package, Feinberg will try to negotiate "appropriate reimbursements" to taxpayers if the payments are deemed "inconsistent with the public interest," he said.
    If the loans are already paid wtf is this about?

Top Bottom