• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because that was lip service. They didn't actually expect anyone to really do it.

Mostly true... and it was a political motivation for (then presidential candidate) Bob Dole, to gain American Jewish support.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Those two statements do not mesh.

It's a little complicated. But essentially the reason it had overwhelming support, was due to the 6 month status re-assessments, which was seen largely as a tool to persuade Israel to be an honest broker in seeking a solution. Also check out Bob Dole's stance on Israel over the years, up to the the passing of the Resolution, and tell me what you think his motives were.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's a little complicated. But essentially the reason it had overwhelming support, was due to the 6 month status re-assessments, which was seen largely as a tool to persuade Israel to be an honest broker in seeking a solution. Also check out Bob Dole's stance on Israel over the years, up to the the passing of the Resolution, and tell me what you think his motives were.
    Bob Dole wasn’t a presidential candidate in 2017.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is all fine and good, but I do not see how every Senator is going to vote for this so that Dole could get support from the Jewish community while running for President. Are you mixing some stuff here that shouldn't be?

Top Bottom