• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Would like to know the reasoning behind this, the real reasoning that is.
    On the surface just looks like another thumb in the eye from Obama to Netanyahu!
    WTF
    ?

source: American Thinker Blog: US Refuses Visas to all Israeli Nuclear Scientists

April 08, 2010
    US Refuses Visas to all Israeli Nuclear Scientists
    Clarice Feldman
    In a new and ridiculous policy, the US is denying Israeli scientists who work at the Dimona reactor site an opportunity to refresh their knowedge, Joshua Pundit reports:

Ma'ariv reported today that the Israeli government was stunned when every nuclear technician at Israel's Dimona reactor who had submitted visa requests to visit the United States for ongoing university education in Physics, Chemistry and Nuclear Engineering had their visa applications summarily rejected, specifically because of their association with the Dimona reactor.

This is a new policy decision of the Obama administration. Up until now, it was routine for Israeli nuclear scientists and technicians to receive such visas and to study at US universities.[snip]eportedly the US has an unofficial embargo on selling anything to be used at the site.

Professor Zeev Alfasi, the head of Nuclear Engineering at Ben-Gurion University in the Negev stated that "the United States doesn't sell anything nuclear-related to the Dimona reactor, and that means absolutely nothing. Radiation detectors, for example have to be purchased now in France because the USA refuses to sell these to Israel."

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    This is a real shame. I hope our relationship with israel is not ruined before we get this idiot out of office

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    But terrorists and dictators are welcome to come in and speak at "American" universities and the UN.

:noway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What? No one has yet posted how happy they are that we finally have a President that is looking after the interests of our country and turning their back on such a violent and sneaky regime living on stolen land in the Middle East. I am shocked. Oh but since they are libs they are just now getting up.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    How retarded do you have to be to **** off our best Ally over there!

Then again, they've been developing their nukes for how long? I think they'll not suffer much. Not much to learn here anyway -- we haven't been developing them for a while now, and on top of that we're going to get rid of a third of our arsenal while the meat puppet Medvedev has his fingers crossed by Putin.:rolleyes:

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    it probably has a lot to do with Israel refusing to sign the NPT, and keeping to their policy of "ambiguity" about their obvious nuclear arsenal. there's a legal issue about our foreign aid to that country being illegal due to our knowledge of their possession of nuclear weapons and their refusal to sign the NPT...etc...

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    This is the reason why and yet people seemed shocked.
    We knew who this douche-bag was before he was elected, but many chose to not believe it.

MUSLIM OBAMA SAYS IN HIS BOOK HE’S ON THE SIDE OF MUSLIMS

Grant Swank | March 18, 2008

J. Grant Swank, Jr.
    “In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans … have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging,” he laments. “I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
    That is what Barack Obama wrote in his book, “Audacity.”
    Now you can be sure that when Obama is in the White House, something “ugly” will occur to offend the nation’s “Arab and Pakistani Americans”—in other words, Muslims.
    So whose side will Obama then take?
    He will side with the Muslims per his own public statement in his book. There is no question. It is right there.
    That is not the closet Muslim which he’s been. That’s the out-in-the-open Muslim hinted about even present-tense.
    “I will stand with them. . .”
    That is why he stands with them in the pro-Islam sanctuary called Trinity United Church of Christ. That’s why Obama embraces Jeremiah Wright’s pro-Muslim crowning of Nation of Islam Louis Farrakhan.
    That’s why Obama, with his Muslim childhood schooling, endorses the mosque-cleric-like angry yelling of Wright’s pulpit delivery.
    That’s why Obama states in “Audacity” that Judeo-Christian heritage will recede as an all-religions country emerges. Obviously, from his siding with Muslims, Muslims in particular will have the upper hand in the new America.
    It is scary to read just that one paragraph in his book about siding with the Muslims if matters turn “ugly.”
    One can be certain that Muslims reading that paragraph will see to it that some offense will strike their sensitivities once The Boy sits in the Oval Office. Their squeals will trigger their discontent thereby triggering Obama the Muslim to spring forth.
    Muslim Obama has already given us warning in his book. If we are too stupid to get it, then we are going to suffer the consequences of not being informed.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    “I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Every direction a political wind blows is ugly. How about some common sense?

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    I don't really have a comment.

But I read the hebrew news article linked. It only says some of the technicians were denied their visa. Not all. Read what you will that the english website decided to mistranslate it.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Here we go with the everybody hates muslims and jews are great thread

troll-2.gif
    http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn421/BilriX/troll-2.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Here we go with the everybody hates muslims and jews are great thread
    I disagree with you on this for a couple of reasons.

I don't think that anyone here hates all Muslims. While the soldiers that post here aren't having all "sunshine and roses" interactions with all of the Muslims they are meeting, I have read several of their posts where they differentiate between those trying to kill them and those that just want to live in peace.

Also, I think some of the posts in this thread are pointing out a "don't let a person close to you until you know them" theme, whether that would be Muslim, Jew or Christian.

And last, I just want to know the truth... If the .gov wants to push Israel back to the peace table using this as a means, be "big" enough to say it. There are many political and diplomatic games that are played every day with whichever country we are talking to at the moment. I don't like those games. I don't tolerate them from my family and I don't like to see my .gov use them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom