• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Then this one probably really ticks you off.

latest

Wouldn’t fly one, things are defective, they can’t handle close terrain.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The idiots that leak this information should be prosecuted. Why do people think it’s ok to reveal defense secrets so that our adversaries can steal and copy our technology? Just look at Russia and China and their aircraft. Most are attempted copies of US aircraft. Sorry folks, it just is not right. Period.

Umm...are we talking about the 6th gen fighter demo or aliens? The 6th gen fighter was announced by the Air Force's head acquisition guy, it wasn't exactly a leak, and the Next Generation Air Dominance program has been public for quite some time.

As for aliens ... I'd like to believe, but I'd also like to see this 'irrefutable evidence.'

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ehh... I disagree.

For one thing, a free press should mean that no one is punished for anything true that is published.

He wasn't talking about prosecuting the press. He was talking about prosecuting those who leak...who have a responsibility by position, and probably by written agreement, to not make disclosures.

If there was an illegal leak (many leaks are intentional), prosecute and bring it hard.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    So they can catch up to our "broke" or simply to be more broke themselves?
    Reagan got them into a space race that caused them to go broke, trump could be pulling a similar trick especially with private industry now adding into the space superiority position, he may be attempting to get them spending money against our private sector and government..
    This is only just a thought.. i don't really have anything to suggest that's what is happening but it is possible

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Saw something recently that said the development turn around time from concept to flying on fighter planes is being reduced from over twenty years to five years by the use of computer design in lieu of testing prototypes. Just soaking it up and thinking about that a bit. Any weapons system is about like a truck load of diseased hogs because you have to sell it before nobody will buy. And then there's the other side in that you have to buy all the whistles and bells to counter the hostiles. New defense systems for the air, sea and ground.
    Who can afford to waste that much money every five years?

I tell yah, people never should have let their militaries have anything stronger than black powder and they darn sure never should have been given internal combustion engines!
    :laugh:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Saw something recently that said the development turn around time from concept to flying on fighter planes is being reduced from over twenty years to five years by the use of computer design in lieu of testing prototypes. Just soaking it up and thinking about that a bit. Any weapons system is about like a truck load of diseased hogs because you have to sell it before nobody will buy. And then there's the other side in that you have to buy all the whistles and bells to counter the hostiles. New defense systems for the air, sea and ground.
    Who can afford to waste that much money every five years?

I tell yah, people never should have let their militaries have anything stronger than black powder and they darn sure never should have been given internal combustion engines!
    :laugh:

Livestock analogy and the military. I once read a comparison with a cattle water trough and spare aircraft parts. The water level is not determined by the depth of the water, it's by counting the number of dead cows.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I think private industry has evolved enough that there really isn't much need for military.. keep the population armed well noone would be ignorant enough to try land invasion and companies like SpaceX are far beyond capable of making nuclear weapons systems and delivery systems.. hell they could probably develope a ICBM that would deliver its 'pay load" and then texture home lol.. yes I have some libertarian leanings lol

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I don't know about all the alien and conspiracy stuff... but the idea that they have already test flown a potential replacement for the F-22 sure makes me feel old.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I think private industry has evolved enough that there really isn't much need for military.. keep the population armed well noone would be ignorant enough to try land invasion and companies like SpaceX are far beyond capable of making nuclear weapons systems and delivery systems.. hell they could probably develope a ICBM that would deliver its 'pay load" and then texture home lol.. yes I have some libertarian leanings lol

Lol, it would certainly deter a land invasion, but....Remember the neutron bomb? Enhanced radiation to kill more people but less blast, to leave infrastructure intact. Kill everyone and walk right in. So, I think we still need a military. A bunch of InGo guys aren't going to be able to take the fight to the enemy too well, especially across the vast Pacific.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Lol, it would certainly deter a land invasion, but....Remember the neutron bomb? Enhanced radiation to kill more people but less blast, to leave infrastructure intact. Kill everyone and walk right in. So, I think we still need a military. A bunch of InGo guys aren't going to be able to take the fight to the enemy too well, especially across the vast Pacific.
    I think that's still a issue private industry and individuals could overcome by having bomb shelters etc and government screwed up long ago when they didn't mandate all com and electric grid to be buried. Some of our com is self contained in CEVs(controlled environment valults) but all of it should have been. The existing CEVs can withstand a 50 Megaton airburst directly above them and the radiation from fall out would be minimal, they are equipped with air and microbial filtration. It could be done without a standing military but it would take alot of changes that would take time and I dont know if we have enough population to fill all the jobs it would create

Top Bottom