• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I am planning on buying/shooting a lot of 9mm.

After my first trip to the range (outdoors, not a range just a person's house), I picked up all the brass put it in a plastic bag and brought it back home.

What should I do with it? Sell it?

Also, it was new Winchester Target/Range and Remington UMC.

Seems like a waste to leave it on the ground.

jbrubaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I just pick it up and throw it in containers until I'm ready to reload it. I might throw out a few cases here and there during reloading that are extremely dirty or had been badly deformed from stepping on them, but all in all you should be fine just waiting on cleaning it until you're ready to start reloading.

Others probably do it differently.

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I just pick it up and throw it in containers until I'm ready to reload it. I might throw out a few cases here and there during reloading that are extremely dirty or had been badly deformed from stepping on them, but all in all you should be fine just waiting on cleaning it until you're ready to start reloading.

Others probably do it differently.

Cool thanks. I will just pick it all up for now and decide what to do with it later.

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    certainly don't throw it away...you can always trade it...or save it up and sell it for scrape if its brass

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Keep it and maybe someday you will meet someone that reloads and maybe you can have them reload it for you at a discount since you already have the brass. If nothing else maybe that person may buy it from you.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Definitely save it, even if you throw it all in a big 5 gallon bucket in the garage. You'll find someone who will want it and is willing to buy it or trade for it. I would think reloaders will pay more than scrap.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I had a bunch of .45 Colt cases that I drilled the flash hole out on (back before they made brass for blanks) that I sent to the scrap yard the other day with the wife. She saves our aluminum cans and takes them in for scrap from time to time so I sent the cases with her telling her to make sure and tell them it was brass. She got over $18 for it. Better than throwing it away!

reload4ever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    I remember the good ole days when brass littered the ground at our range. I smiled the whole time i was gatherin it up.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Here, I've got them polished and separated by caliber in different coffee containers w/ snap on lids. Reloading is a another hobby in itself...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I didn't reload I saved it for friends who did. Some repaid me with lunch or trading me something else. Don't waste it, someone can use it.

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    I am planning on buying/shooting a lot of 9mm.

After my first trip to the range (outdoors, not a range just a person's house), I picked up all the brass put it in a plastic bag and brought it back home.

What should I do with it? Sell it?

Also, it was new Winchester Target/Range and Remington UMC.

Seems like a waste to leave it on the ground.

Posted somewhere on here probably somebody wants it it it is worth something:popcorn:

Top Bottom