Used car (PU truck) buy - discover a problem 1 day later - can an attorney help?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am really confused. That's like a melding of two ummm needed but unliked?? people :)

Which ranks higher used car salesman or lawyer?

:D
    Based upon the "binding arbitration" statement, I'm assuming this was bought from a dealership?

Assuming a true "AS-IS" transaction, I don't have much in the way of legal advice, though misrepresentations of fact that are not mere "puffery" could be the basis of something. (saying "we just fixed this or inspected that vs. saying "it's a great truck" or some such). However, I am not hearing that.

My better advice comes from my profession before I was a lawyer. I sold used trucks. Whether we had an obligation to do so or not, something like this we would fix. It helped if the customer was nice, reasonable and not yelling.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am really confused. That's like a melding of two ummm needed but unliked?? people :)

Which ranks higher used car salesman or lawyer?

:D

You're not even the first person to point that out on INGO.

To answer your question: "Lawyer" pays a lot better...which is the metric I care about.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You're not even the first person to point that out on INGO.

To answer your question: "Lawyer" pays a lot better...which is the metric I care about.

I remember asking it before and I'll say this:

Based on everything you've ever posted on here, I trust you.

Maybe too much...

deingy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Centerville
    I'm an original owner of a "03" and was employed by GM. They knew they were using poor steel in all their parts as it showed up in press and bending processes during production. They didn't tell their own people until the production issues started popping up. The terrible rust through of components didn't show up till later. Frame, brackets, shackles, splash guards, bumpers braces, and brake lines. have had to be replaced on mine. After second brake line failure, I had a complete SS system installed. If you have one leak you probably have more on the way. Good luck with seller. Legal issue would be terms of sale.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just a minor update.

I haven't contacted the seller yet. I have been hoping to hear from my mechanic as to the exact nature of the leak. However, my mechanic tells me he has a tech out sick and some vehicles have been waiting three (3) weeks! He has been slammed of late.

I will call the dealer. I shall endeavor to the the pinnacle of courtesy and appeal to their benevolent better angels. I hope...

My mechanic did tell me that these do have a history of brake line issues and when one goes out they have a kit and just replace all of them. Which is fine with me as I would not want to discover a lack of brakes when going down the highway.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom