• ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I have had very good experiences on both GunBroker.com and the classified here on INGO.
    I prefer the classified here as it is always nice to meet other Hoosiers with similar interests.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For the Hoosier Topics, after you have found the gun section, the best way to search is to know what you are looking for and then do a "Ctrl F" search. Just tried it and found that nobody listing there has what I would be willing to spend money on.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For the Hoosier Topics, after you have found the gun section, the best way to search is to know what you are looking for and then do a "Ctrl F" search. Just tried it and found that nobody listing there has what I would be willing to spend money on.

Thanks! I never knew you could do something like that. Very helpful!

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    You might consider getting your post count up and or buying a site supporter membership on INGO to post a WTB add in the classifieds here. Who knows, there could be dozens of folks with those stashed away?

:ingo:

That would be ideal but I don't just want to litter the forum with random posts. I registered a couple years ago, I'm just not very active here and lost my login info so I had to start over.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That would be ideal but I don't just want to litter the forum with random posts. I registered a couple years ago, I'm just not very active here and lost my login info so I had to start over.

Then make some quality posts. That's what were here for. Plus 50 post don't take long to reach once you get into some conversations

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mil-surp collecting is getting expensive. I've been looking for a Model 1917 and having trouble finding one at a decent price.
    When I run into them at gun shows, I always think they are too high... then they go up more... I guess I need to accept they aren't ever going to sell for what they did a few years ago.

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    Then make some quality posts. That's what were here for. Plus 50 post don't take long to reach once you get into some conversations

Yep, I will be spending more time here and contribute when I can.
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I bookmarked some sites mentioned here and will keep looking.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Being one who likes the more difficult to find ones I've never had a problem with Gunbroker. I first look at their seller rating and if I'm still unsure feel them out with a question or two. Never had a problem. In all these years I've only seen 2 things on this site I was interested in that were close to me and have already been sold withing a couple of hours. With the prices many ask if it is a newer firearm I'll just get a new one.

Mil-surp collecting is getting expensive. I've been looking for a Model 1917 and having trouble finding one at a decent price.

Patience pays off. I happened upon a really nice one at a Civil War Show in Dupage Co. IL at a respectable price. Many local shows are hit and miss as far as anything decent goes and one must wade through the crap.

Top Bottom