• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think this was a combination of luck and persistence. The cheapest I had found otherwise were about $1000 each IIRC. I really didn't even know there was much of a market for them outside shipping companies, otherwise I would have bought everything the guy would have sold me.

Our biggest issue was delivery. The truck couldn't get into our driveway so he dropped it on the road and we had to drag/push it up the driveway with the tractors. It did a nice job of grading the drive in the process though!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Storage is bonus!
    From what I gather, the roof is the first thing to rust... may be wise to check that since it's what you'll be using. then coat it real good with some roofing sealant or who knows what

RobbyMaQ has an excellent point for anyone wanting to use a SC for storage. My parents got a couple to store my grandmother's "stuff" when she went to assisted living. The one that they put the antiques in had a roof that leaked. Moisture trapped inside on a sunny day turned it into the perfect environment for mold.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Bump!
    Bumping this thread, I know it's old but didn't feel the need to start a new thread.

So I am in need of a container, did an online search and have gotten a couple prices. Huge difference for a 20' container: one was $2200, the other was $3550 for a one-trip! I am still waiting on a price from PacVan.

So does anyone have any good/new sources for a 20' or 40' one-trip container?

Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    one trip????......you mean buy or rent????......Bedford In army surplus has 20ft for 1600....

One trip= gently used. It was built, made one crossing, and now is for sale. It didnt spend years in salt air going back and forth across the oceans, on trucks, etc.

Like buying the loaner car from the dealer. It was driven around town for a couple months and is now for sale. Not new, but not really used.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I have been in Philadelphia the past few days and saw a bunch of these containers made into food trucks along the river. These were painted nice with cut out service Windows on the side.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    One trip= gently used. It was built, made one crossing, and now is for sale. It didnt spend years in salt air going back and forth across the oceans, on trucks, etc.

Like buying the loaner car from the dealer. It was driven around town for a couple months and is now for sale. Not new, but not really used.

one i got was in great shape for 1600....

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    one trip????......you mean buy or rent????......Bedford In army surplus has 20ft for 1600....

Thanks ghitch, I'll check them out.
    In doing my research over the last couple days, there are several different grades, with one-trip containers being the best. Most of what I have seen in the under $2000 range would be WWT(wind and water tight), which unless I inspect...is not what I need. As I posted above(4 years ago) any leak in one of these will turn them into a mold factory. I cannot afford to take that chance.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    What do you guys set them on- stone or concrete?

I plan on putting one on stone, but my parents containers are on bare ground.

I have decided that I will eventually get two 20-footers, set them about 20 foot apart then build a roof over them to make a lean-to type storage space. My main use of the container will be to store hardwood lumber, thus the need for something that is not going to leak.
    Kinda like this: https://westernshelter.com/container-roofs

Top Bottom