• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ak4786

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    IN the next room
    Anyone have any good ideas as to what I can use my empty wine bottles for? I am a wine sales rep and accumulate 50 to 60 a month. As of now I just toss them however I hate doing that as I know they have some value. Any resourceful people with ideas out there?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Make your own wine or beer and reuse the bottles. Or sell them to home brewers/winemakers. If you can beat the price of the stores that sell them, you'll make a few bucks/ Try Craigs List or some of the forums dedicated to home wine making or brewers.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Anyone have any good ideas as to what I can use my empty wine bottles for? I am a wine sales rep and accumulate 50 to 60 a month. As of now I just toss them however I hate doing that as I know they have some value. Any resourceful people with ideas out there?

I make my own wine. so if you have extra bottles I will take some.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Use them for target practice?

Place them around the house for those times you need to bash someone over the head with one.

Build scale model ships inside them?

Fill them full of colored sand and sell them on ebay?

Dodgerdoob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Bloomington
    To be honest, I'd just recycle them. I don't think you 'd get much of a market for them. Oliver Winery gives away used bottles from their tasting room for free. They have a shed out back with thousands of bottles for the taking. THey encourage home winemakers to take them. Still, every week or so, they clean it out and refill it within a day.

jackhandy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Evansville
    Make the coolest set of glasses for yourself or give them away as a gift.
    wineglasses.jpg

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    You can make lanterns out of them. Just put a flammable liquid in them, and use a wick. Look around online, there are a lot of projects using them. Many of them are decorative, but still practical. As others have said you could also use them for bottling.

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    I like those tumblers. I make guitar slides out of the necks. That takes care of both ends but there's still that pesky middle part. Bottle neck slides cost $10 if you have to buy them.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I like those tumblers. I make guitar slides out of the necks. That takes care of both ends but there's still that pesky middle part. Bottle neck slides cost $10 if you have to buy them.
    you could make funnels out of the middle... that'd be kinda neat..

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg

I'd be more than willing to take them off your hands. I make my own wine. Let me know if this could/would work for you!

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    There may be a niche for wide mouth funnels. I've seen pictures of them being used as building material if not an entire house a decorative glass wall.

Top Bottom