• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    Well i have a few friends that are hunters. Personally never been deer hunting. I am kinda interested in going out with them next year a little bit. I am also in the process of building my AR. (.223/5.56) So i am curious if i can hunt in indiana for deer with a AR-15. Is it legal, Is it even worth doing with a .223 caliber. Can anyone can give me some heads up or point me in the direction of learning this stuff..

thanks

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Funny thing is i planned on it, im kinda short of funds to just go buy both at once so .223 is first then .458 is next..

well thanks for the info guys...

Yep, get a .223 upper first, so you can get familiar with it on the cheap(er).

But don't kid yourself, you may start out with only one lower, but after you get your .458 upper set up the way you want it, the price of the lower will be trivial and you'll pick up one for it too...Just being honest.:)

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    the only time you can hunt deer with an ar is if you build the upper in 243 or larger and have depredation tags issued to you by the dnr for crop destruction, and that time has been over since september.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    the only time you can hunt deer with an ar is if you build the upper in 243 or larger and have depredation tags issued to you by the dnr for crop destruction, and that time has been over since september.

Or if the upper is in a legal pistol caliber like mentioned above.

300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    Yep, get a .223 upper first, so you can get familiar with it on the cheap(er).

But don't kid yourself, you may start out with only one lower, but after you get your .458 upper set up the way you want it, the price of the lower will be trivial and you'll pick up one for it too...Just being honest.:)

yes ur right..but second lower will be following the 2nd upper...gotta buy one thing at a time..the wife would kill me if i spent all that money at once...little by little ill have some fun toys eventually..

Top Bottom