• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Synopsis for anyone who doesn't want the CIA spy stuff showing up in their feed...

Instincts can override training.

There are three instincts, Self, Maternal, Paternal

Individual - protect self, run away (20% chance of success)
    Maternal - protect others, sacrifice self (less than 1% chance)
    Paternal - charge & neutralize threat (80% success)

In an ambush, Paternal has the highest rate of success.
    You can train your instincts to favor the paternal instinct.

No where in the podcast was it said that instinct is the MOST IMPORTANT factor, just a factor. Just like SA is a factor, not the only factor.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I remember INGO early on. There were a whole host of folks who couldn't be bothered to "kit up," just to go down the street to the convenience store. IIRC, the discussion was in reference to how you carry in gym shorts.

:n00b:
    While I don’t go to the gym it would take about 2 hours out of my day just getting there and back. Thrift stores are you friend for often times some really good quality work out equipment for home use.

But back on track , why would it be so hard to wear a belly band ? While perhaps not ideal but better than Nothing.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Good advice.
    Finer point:
    When walking near a road and you see your shadow from a car approaching from behind. If your shadow is not quickly swinging over toward the ditch, MOVE. It means he doesnt see you and is about to hit you. (of course you should be walking against traffic so you can see oncoming cars)

When scanning for exits, do NOT disregard kitchen doors that say employees only. If the SHTF it is a VERY viable exit. Screw the rules.
    Rules what rules? But you are absolutely correct, often it’s the best egress, and usually there are dumpsters near by that would make for pretty good concealment.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I was about to say... (bringing a >$50k selective fire rifle to the gas station is a bit of overkill)
    not in my hood.

if i'm wearing gym shorts and i'm just going to the corner store/gas station, i throw on one of my chinesium shoulder holsters. still with 2 extra mags.

i'm not going to say what i keep in the back of my suv.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    In the Army it's called violence of action. Basically if you encounter a threat you attack and kill.

It scares the hell out of most people.

You don't stop shooting until they are dead.
    On the first assault then after you have to treat the wounded.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My dad started on me at a young age.
    When I first started staying out of the house after dark he told me to do several things as a matter of habit.
    Always watch shadows. It may not be much time, but can give you a heads up if someone is following you

Watch store windows and use them like mirrors to watch behind you...
    Once I was ready to leave for the military he knew I would be visiting bars.
    He told me, the first thing you do when you walk into a building is look for the exits.
    Know where they are, and be mindful of how difficult it may be to access.
    Situational awareness has been drilled into me for a very long time.
    Actually, one of my favorite pastimes is watching people.
    Some do some pretty stupid s**t on a regular basis.
    Years, and many pounds ago, I was over seas in some border line 3rd world countries, couldn't carry anything more than a pocket knife... I do know that the glint of light on the blade caused a Filipino trike to run better. We were is a sketchy part of town (Ok, country) and his trike was developing...ahem...engine trouble, I had my knife beside my leg, and he saw it...and miracles upon miracles, the trike started running smooth as butter...didn't brandish, just had it in condition 1. I'm not a tough guy, Just wanted to get home alive...

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I remember INGO early on. There were a whole host of folks who couldn't be bothered to "kit up," just to go down the street to the convenience store. IIRC, the discussion was in reference to how you carry in gym shorts.

:n00b:
    KT p32 is always on me when my main EDC is too heavy, or bulky...Gym shorts, sweats...etc.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    KT p32 is always on me when my main EDC is too heavy, or bulky...Gym shorts, sweats...etc.
    I have a P32 and love it for it's size.
    I did find a problem that I corrected as soon as realized, but it really opened my eyes.

This was several years ago, when I did not possess better carry options.
    I carried my P32 IWB behind my left front pocket in a soft Uncle Mike's holster.
    One day I decided I needed to clean it since it had been a while.
    I pulled the magazine and racked the slide to empty the chamber.
    Prior to takedown I pulled the trigger and got nothing! No resistance and the trigger did not return.
    Unbeknownst to me, the trigger spring was anchored on the butt of the gun, and the coiled end of the spring was exposed.
    My sweat ate through that coil on the trigger spring and I was dead in the water.
    Good thing I didn't need it.

That woke me up in a hurry.
    I replaced the spring and covered it in clear nail polish to protect from sweat.
    I rarely carry it these days, but I pay a lot closer attention to my edc.

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I have a P32 and love it for it's size.
    I did find a problem that I corrected as soon as realized, but it really opened my eyes.

This was several years ago, when I did not possess better carry options.
    I carried my P32 IWB behind my left front pocket in a soft Uncle Mike's holster.
    One day I decided I needed to clean it since it had been a while.
    I pulled the magazine and racked the slide to empty the chamber.
    Prior to takedown I pulled the trigger and got nothing! No resistance and the trigger did not return.
    Unbeknownst to me, the trigger spring was anchored on the butt of the gun, and the coiled end of the spring was exposed.
    My sweat ate through that coil on the trigger spring and I was dead in the water.
    Good thing I didn't need it.

That woke me up in a hurry.
    I replaced the spring and covered it in clear nail polish to protect from sweat.
    I rarely carry it these days, but I pay a lot closer attention to my edc.
    Glad to be on notice! I don’t carry in too many sweaty situations, I actually alternate my p42, and my wife’s p32… what can I say.. 8 rounds close at hand, and a 10 rd mag in my pocket, I do not feel under gunned

Top Bottom