• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, bidding is at $4500 and reserve still not met? I think I'll just hold on to my Sig Scorpion for now. As much as I'd love to add an M45 to the collection, the Sig will scratch that itch just fine until prices enter the realm of reality.

DGansert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    My Remington 1911 R1 cost $639.00 with tax. It shoots the same and pretty much looks the same. I also still have $4000.00 to spend on more firearms.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It really does amaze me how much people are willing to pay for these Colt's. I just don't see it! If I was spending that much on a 1911, it would be for one built up through a custom shop, like Springfields, to my specs.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thought about a kimber desert warrior

I had a Kimber and it was a solid piece. But for the price compared to the Sig, I'd go with the Sig. IMHO your getting a better gun for the money.

I own a Colt XSE 1911 and a Springfield Loaded and honestly side by side the Springfield blows it away in fit and finish and accuracy. They have both been 100% reliable with all ammo types and mags I've used. The only reason I bought the Colt was because I've always wanted a Colt 1911. I wanted a railed 1911 and lucked into a Springfield Operator. That is also why I no longer have the Kimber. It got sold to fund the Operator.

If you have the money and your heart is set on the Colt then by all means get it, and please give us a full range report. :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Check this out instead. 1911 Scorpion

And they had one instock at my local Rual King. Price was ~$1200.00

That is just stupid what they are asking for those Colts.

When I first saw the article about Marines getting a new 1911, I thought the photo was of a Scorpion. Except for the slide profile and different color, it's pretty much the same gun. My Sig is a very well put together gun.

Top Bottom