• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    In an earlier post it was mentioned that Sunday deliveries are Amazon. Spot on. In the quest to be #1 Amazon contracted with USPS to deliver on Sunday to make them the only game in town that does in hopes it would be a deciding factor in consumer choice of where to purchase an item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just worry about the location for USDS. Your local postmaster cant to anything.

Unfortunately this late delivery crap is due to holidays overworking the carriers. My normal 2P delivery now comes after 7 each night.

They run those poor guys hard this time of the year. Our postman has had his wife meet him at around 7pm at times to bring him some dinner while he finishes the rounds.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    USPS cant be bothered to get out of their truck to walk up to my door, but fedex and ups just blew them away with next day shipping via ground from NE Ohio.
    (both advertise as a 2 day standard transit time)

Last edited:

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I had an Amazon package delivered by the USPS @ 9:00 am today. USPS employee got out of their van and put package on my front porch. Have had NO problems other than variable delivery times for mail (noon -7 pm) this time of year.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I see mail being delivered on Sunday now. Cant figure that one out.......

I'll help you figure it out:

The only ones you'll see out on Sundays are fulfilling contract obligations of final delivery for common carriers / Amazon when they have guaranteed 2-day delivery.

Those USPS drivers aren't delivering the "mail" to everyone.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    We had 3 different USPS deliveries here this evening. All different workers. Two were for packages and one was for standard mail. People who complain their mail is a little late should try working 6 to 7 days a week this time of year and sometimes 16 hour days during this season. My brother averages around 90 hours per week at the Post Office from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Overtime pay is nice but it wears them all down.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I prefer USPS over FedEx. FedEx was supposed to deliver a package last Monday but every day the tracking would say no attempt made. Finally Friday I called & they said there's no reason why it wasn't delivered. Another package was supposed to be delivered Friday & same thing, no attempt made. Saturday a supervisor dropped 1st package off & apologized. Said they had 3 drivers quit & she was out showing the new driver the route. My house sits 150 yards off the road & USPS always brings packages to the door.

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    I've had such various results with UPS and FedEx that I like/hate them both. FedEx has been the only one out of the three to lose a package of mine but it was a roll pin that got comped by the shipper anyway. USPS has been the most consistent. After working in logistics at various positions I have a lot of sympathy for those going through the delivery grind.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've had such various results with UPS and FedEx that I like/hate them both. FedEx has been the only one out of the three to lose a package of mine but it was a roll pin that got comped by the shipper anyway. USPS has been the most consistent. After working in logistics at various positions I have a lot of sympathy for those going through the delivery grind.

I have consistent results with USPS too. Consistently mediocre. What takes UPS and Fedex ground a day to do, USPS took 4. I can get a UPS box from Chicago overnight, but USPS took 4 days to do the same this week. SMH.

Top Bottom