• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Also seems like some of the junk mail doesn't get scanned, either.

Yep, I have not confirmed, but have assumed if it is not addressed specifically (like it says resident, etc) that it is not in the email images. Larger items like magazines, etc definitely are not.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's not what this is about. Informed Delivery is a service that scans the mail that is to be delivered to your house each day and sends you the scanned images of the actual mail. I assume you still get mail from the USPS, yes?

I'd be afraid to see what was supposed to be delivered to me but wasn't!
    I'd likely be even more pissed at them. ;)

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    I've had it for quite some time with my PPBox. Only recently had it on my street address. No, a lot of junk mail doesn't show, but don't care about that. Even before this stuff, first I was able to use street address for the place box location and have ups, FedEx , etc packages left there for me to pick up. I really love that part. Don't have to worry about the "Porch Pirates" when I might not be there at my street address when they come.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'd be afraid to see what was supposed to be delivered to me but wasn't!
    I'd likely be even more pissed at them. ;)

^^^^THIS^^^^ And when you complain because it was pictured but not delivered, they say it can take a two or three days after you see it in the email to be delivered. I have had several things that have never been delivered, and even more that show up as much as two weeks later. The link to report things not delivered disappears after a couple of days so that makes it hard to report without doing an email complaint. I ordered a laptop battery that had tracking on it. It was supposed to arrive on a Tuesday and showed on the informed delivery as out for delivery that day. Tuesdays on my road are known as "no mail Tuesday" because the carrier drives by and stops at zero boxes on our road. I have watched her do it. If I get mail on Tuesday, that means we had a sub.

So...the laptop battery finally showed up TWO WEEKS later but tracking stopped on the Tuesday it was supposed to be here. It never was scanned as delivered.

Another item recently ordered was in my mailbox on Wednesday. On Thursday, I got an email that it had been placed in my box that day at noon....almost 24 hours after my husband had installed the part on the chainsaw he was fixing.

I envy those who have good carriers....we do not and haven't had for over four years since they hired the thief that delivers our mail.

Greeting cards are the most frequently "lost" items. If they do arrive, the envelopes are open. If there was cash or a gift card enclosed, it is missing. Checks sent in a greeting card are delivered in opened envelopes or the whole envelope never arrives. Rebate checks often get lost as well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’ve been getting the emails ever since I moved here in december and I didn’t remember signing up for it, but it usually is what coming that day for me at least.
    You forgot. Trust me. I recall having to jump through hoops to get it activated. Sign up. reply to an email and confirm details about the shipping address, etc. Then another message a day later warning me somebody signed up for the service and to click a link if I didnt actually do it. Seemed excessive.

Greeting cards are the most frequently "lost" items. If they do arrive, the envelopes are open. If there was cash or a gift card enclosed, it is missing. Checks sent in a greeting card are delivered in opened envelopes or the whole envelope never arrives. Rebate checks often get lost as well.

You misspelled stolen.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    We've had it for a year or so. We're in a very small town, it's usually pretty accurate. I've also got a PO box but it doesn't show up. I've tried to include it but no luck. I'd love to have both listed.

I like being notified of what's coming. I'd rather they not scan and record every piece of mail, but since they're already doing that and it's not going to change then I'll be happy to have the side effect.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Usually what's emailed today will be in the box. Sometimes something will come the next day. Sometimes what is emailed and received, will be in my email again the next day.

I don't feel like going out to get the mail today. I know it's all junk mail.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You forgot. Trust me. I recall having to jump through hoops to get it activated. Sign up. reply to an email and confirm details about the shipping address, etc. Then another message a day later warning me somebody signed up for the service and to click a link if I didnt actually do it. Seemed excessive.

You misspelled stolen.

I've been repeatedly assured she is not stealing it....:laugh:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Well, this thread made me get off my butt and go look at the FAQ to see about my PO box. I've been wanting to try to get it added for a while, I don't use it much so it's never been a big deal.

I found out what I needed. It says if you have a physical address and want to add a PO box as well then you have to have another account to login with, they can't both be on the same account. Kind of silly, I don't know if it's worth tinkering with or not. I only use the PO box for my ham stuff and a couple other things. I may go a month without going into town to check it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ And when you complain because it was pictured but not delivered, they say it can take a two or three days after you see it in the email to be delivered. I have had several things that have never been delivered, and even more that show up as much as two weeks later. The link to report things not delivered disappears after a couple of days so that makes it hard to report without doing an email complaint. I ordered a laptop battery that had tracking on it. It was supposed to arrive on a Tuesday and showed on the informed delivery as out for delivery that day. Tuesdays on my road are known as "no mail Tuesday" because the carrier drives by and stops at zero boxes on our road. I have watched her do it. If I get mail on Tuesday, that means we had a sub.

So...the laptop battery finally showed up TWO WEEKS later but tracking stopped on the Tuesday it was supposed to be here. It never was scanned as delivered.

Another item recently ordered was in my mailbox on Wednesday. On Thursday, I got an email that it had been placed in my box that day at noon....almost 24 hours after my husband had installed the part on the chainsaw he was fixing.

I envy those who have good carriers....we do not and haven't had for over four years since they hired the thief that delivers our mail.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a friend at a bank get you one of those exploding die packs to put in a "decoy" greeting card? It would be fun to watch your thief carrier explaining to their boss why they were all red or purple (or whatever color they are). ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got this morning's email and it's not the mail I received yesterday, so I think I'm current (for now). :yesway: There is something that says there is a piece of mail that they could not get an image of coming today also, but I'm guessing that's my blades from Dollar Shave Company. They use an 8 1/2 x 11-ish cardboard "envelope" to ship a little sleeve of 4 blades.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a friend at a bank get you one of those exploding die packs to put in a "decoy" greeting card? It would be fun to watch your thief carrier explaining to their boss why they were all red or purple (or whatever color they are). ;)

I don't think her boss would care. I have her on camera doing stuff and that didn't matter. Trail cameras have caught her on more than one occasion zooming by when we had things out for delivery, etc. Doesn't matter. She has admitted lying and saying she attempted deliver of packages that had tracking when she didn't even have them in the vehicle. The postmaster is as bad as she is.

It doesn't work like tracking. There is no way to monitor where an item is. You just know it was scanned at some point in the recent past and SHOULD arrive to you at some point.

I had stuff on informed delivery from my insurance company yesterday but received no mail. I expect it will probably come today when she has more to deliver since I have additional stuff showing for today. Or...I may never see it like some of the tax documents that I never got but were scanned. USPS is the least efficient "business" I have ever had to deal with. I wish we had a choice for mail delivery, but we do not.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think her boss would care. I have her on camera doing stuff and that didn't matter. Trail cameras have caught her on more than one occasion zooming by when we had things out for delivery, etc. Doesn't matter. She has admitted lying and saying she attempted deliver of packages that had tracking when she didn't even have them in the vehicle. The postmaster is as bad as she is.

It doesn't work like tracking. There is no way to monitor where an item is. You just know it was scanned at some point in the recent past and SHOULD arrive to you at some point.

I had stuff on informed delivery from my insurance company yesterday but received no mail. I expect it will probably come today when she has more to deliver since I have additional stuff showing for today. Or...I may never see it like some of the tax documents that I never got but were scanned. USPS is the least efficient "business" I have ever had to deal with. I wish we had a choice for mail delivery, but we do not.

Wow, that sucks mom... Have you thought about filing a complaint with the Postmaster General? Sounds like the local postmaster needs a "come to Jesus talk" too.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow, that sucks mom... Have you thought about filing a complaint with the Postmaster General? Sounds like the local postmaster needs a "come to Jesus talk" too.

I've contacted every contact link available on the USPS site for the past four years. Seriously...they don't care. I'm always amazed when someone tells me they get good service from their local PO and carriers. Almost every little PO around here sucks.

A neighbor had complained because when her son graduated from high school and a lot of people said they sent cards, the cards were only received if they had checks in them...and those were taped shut. The ones with the cash and gift cards never showed up. They started asking family members if they had sent cards, and many who couldn't attend his party said they had and that there was cash or cards in them. They investigated the carrier, but they put the decoy packages in my box. I never mail ANYTHING from my box so she may have suspected that something was going on since I had also complained about her on several occasions. We have had the same experience with envelopes that appear to have greeting cards in them...they arrive open or taped shut. When I ask the sender if they taped it, they say no.

Initially, the postmaster said they couldn't do anything without documentation and asked me to document the problems we were having. I think she regretted that because I was emailing photos of all of the items delivered to me that weren't mine and filing online complaints of every issue we had. She had plenty of documentation, but still nothing was done.

Top Bottom