• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My local PO installed those machines for people to use, in place of a couple of the lines formerly staffed by humans. Nobody would use them, so they had someone there to show people how. Kind of defeats the purpose. Nobody would use them anyway. I never did, because none of the things I wanted to do were available with the machines. Last time I was there, the machines were gone. However, they hadn't reinstalled humans, so the wait was long. Somehow it doesn't surprise me they're losing money hand over fist. At least they get me my mass marketing spam and whatnot promptly so I can throw it out.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Sorry about your luck. I was shocked when the dies I ordered from Dillon precision on Wednesday night were in my mailbox on Saturday!! Dillon is in Arizona and I firgured it would be most of a week.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I used to work for a USPS contractor at the air port, ABX. It was the biggest cluster ever. I would find mail in March, that was from the Christmas rush. If packages said fragile it would be a competition to see who could throw it harder. I hated working there, not a single person had respect for other peoples property.

And we were supposed to scan everything. I was one of about 10 people that would scan, so whenever you are tracking something and all of a sudden it jumps from a city near by to something far away, you can bet it didnt get scanned.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have had trouble with the post office twice this month. The first was a check mailed to my ex wife in Tn. After hearing her complain about not getting it for two weeks I mailed out a replacement for her. About a week after that I received the original one back with a yellow note on it saying unable to deliver. The address was written correctly and legibly and it had proper postage. Maybe her mailbox had a wasp nest in it.

The second was my wife purchased the 3rd season of Sons of Anarchy from E-bay. The seller shipped it the next business day and sent us a tracking number. It was sent from Ohio. Last scan was last Sunday in Indianapolis where it scanned 11 times and nothing since then. The post office sucks.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I used to work for a USPS contractor at the air port, ABX. It was the biggest cluster ever. I would find mail in March, that was from the Christmas rush. If packages said fragile it would be a competition to see who could throw it harder. I hated working there, not a single person had respect for other peoples property.

And we were supposed to scan everything. I was one of about 10 people that would scan, so whenever you are tracking something and all of a sudden it jumps from a city near by to something far away, you can bet it didnt get scanned.

I had a friend who worked for another major parcel company and he said the same thing. He told me the worst thing you could do was to put "Fragile" on a package.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I had a coworker once that sent a letter to a friend a few blocks away. After not seeing it for months, it was finally delivered, stamped "Misdirected to Germany". I don't know what surprised him more; that the USPS actually sent a piece of local mail to Germany, or that they had a stamp for it.

I had one that was missent to Iran, I kept it as a keepsake

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    That really sucks.

I don't use the USPS if I can help it, but I requested some catalogs from several gear, gun, and reloading companies; this was oh, 3 months ago. I sent in new requests yesterday due to not getting the catalogs yet. I figure someone is thumbing through them as I type this.

Why catalogs? Because I like being able to jot notes on them, compare pieces of gear side-by-side, see colors, etc. Just works better for me than looking through their stuff on their sites. Not that that keeps me from using their sites as well.... LOL

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've had this happen with UPS actually ... I'd reccomend getting in touch with the vendor and asking them about the tyracking number. When it happened to me i dont believe the tracking number the package was actually sent with, was the same as the one in the email. So its possible they made a new lable and didnt inform you.

Slings showed up today when the mail came. Same tracking number on the label as the original notification. Link to track is still blank except for the Shipping Info Received entry.

Top Bottom