• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    We have a group on the board that hates any from of competition, IDPA, USPSA, etc. They feel that we are "more trouble than we are worth", even though without us, the club would run out of money by August.

In the last 2 or 3 years a couple of our shooting sports folks have ran for the board positions and shooting sports members have made it a point to be there to vote them in. I don't envy them going to meetings and all that &#*! but representation and two way information flow has really made things better.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We are trying to get younger members that are shooters on the board, but the current group has a pretty good following that votes on their cronies.

It can be done. We had such a coup de tat at Riley about 10 years ago. It was long overdue.

amp7876

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    We are trying to get younger members that are shooters on the board, but the current group has a pretty good following that votes on their cronies.
    Dog1,
    My name is Tony, I am a member at Silver Creek. Send me an email when you get a chance, amp7876 at hotmail dot com

I was just speaking with another shooter to see if he was shooting the match this weekend and he informed me that the match was cancelled, he then said there was a thread about it on here.

As for match set up, I would be happy to help set up the morning of the matches, I struggle with the night before, I have a 5 year old and the wife will only allow so much play time.:rolleyes:

Second thing, as for the board, I was not aware that there was an issue with some board members not wanting anything to do with the comp. aspect of the club. Heck I thought everyone would want more, since it brings in more money than anything else. I would be interested in helping to ensure our growth of the club in the shooting sports.

I would like to discuss with you, Dave, and whomever else that has constructive input on how to steer the club in that direction. If it is younger board members that are needed or whatever else, I would be happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you
    Tony

I don't have enough post to send PM's or Access email, sorry.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We have a group on the board that hates any from of competition, IDPA, USPSA, etc. They feel that we are "more trouble than we are worth", even though without us, the club would run out of money by August.

The group is not interested in shooting or competing in matches, so we butt heads with them.

We do what we can, with what little support we get, which is nearly non existent.

Since I have been in USPSA, I have heard the same story too, with a few variations.

The problem is that we have some board members that are not shooters. They don't go down on the range, and when they do, they think that shooting one box of .380 every couple of months, is shooting.

We are a Conservation Club, in name, but we are really a gun range with a trap range, with a pond-that one or 2 guys use- and a seldom used archery range.

Part of it is that they are mostly old guys that live on a fixed income and they bring their penny pinching to the club. They seem to forget that the money that the club has is not "their" money, it's the club's money.

That's an all too common story. It no longer surprises me because it has happened as just about every club in Indiana that hosts USPSA/IDPA or has in the past.

I think the only solution to protect the interests of the actual shooters is for the actual shooters to run for the offices and board positions and occupy them with the best interests of all club members in mind. That's easier said than done, though.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Dog1,
    My name is Tony, I am a member at Silver Creek. Send me an email when you get a chance, amp7876 at hotmail dot com

I was just speaking with another shooter to see if he was shooting the match this weekend and he informed me that the match was cancelled, he then said there was a thread about it on here.

As for match set up, I would be happy to help set up the morning of the matches, I struggle with the night before, I have a 5 year old and the wife will only allow so much play time.:rolleyes:

Second thing, as for the board, I was not aware that there was an issue with some board members not wanting anything to do with the comp. aspect of the club. Heck I thought everyone would want more, since it brings in more money than anything else. I would be interested in helping to ensure our growth of the club in the shooting sports.

I would like to discuss with you, Dave, and whomever else that has constructive input on how to steer the club in that direction. If it is younger board members that are needed or whatever else, I would be happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you
    Tony

I don't have enough post to send PM's or Access email, sorry.

Tony, I'll be at the monthly meeting tomorrow at Silver Creek. It starts at 7pm. You have attend 6 meetings to be able to vote in November at the general election.

I'll be near the door, in the last row of seats.

Look for the guy in the blue Ford hat.

Dan

Last edited:
    Top Bottom