• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    That was fun to shoot but not my favorite style. (if we are talking about this)

http://youtu.be/WttjrEI9MC8

The targets ended up a little further than I'd have liked, had to do it to keep them from skipping off gravel. I wanted it to be a super-fast, fun hoser stage to balance out CB45's ball-buster in Bay 7

That stage was not kind to me. Was probably too aggressive moving down the line, so I was getting a fairly oblique angle which made the target pretty thin. Ended up with quite a few mikes as result. Good learning experience, though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZqexRC9Is[/ame]

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    The targets ended up a little further than I'd have liked, had to do it to keep them from skipping off gravel. I wanted it to be a super-fast, fun hoser stage to balance out CB45's ball-buster in Bay 7

That stage was not kind to me. Was probably too aggressive moving down the line, so I was getting a fairly oblique angle which made the target pretty thin. Ended up with quite a few mikes as result. Good learning experience, though

I didn't want to out shoot my skill set, so I made it a point not to shoot on the move. Need to keep my gun up on reloads.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Watch how high these guys reload. Especially Bob Vogel. ;)

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxobMasgyp8[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxOGoi-625U[/ame]

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    :40

Start position was standing inside shooting area toes touching marks........

I believe it also said facing down range. I know our RO was confused, so we asked the squad before us. They shot it the same way as the video. Rob then came and asked us after we had moved on. So i'm guessing the stage description was not clear.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I believe it also said facing down range. I know our RO was confused, so we asked the squad before us. They shot it the same way as the video. Rob then came and asked us after we had moved on. So i'm guessing the stage description was not clear.

It didn't say at all uprange or downrange. 8.2.2 specifies downrange, hands at sides unless otherwise specified.

I should note that it is possible to have toes on marks, and be technically inside the box (10.2.1) while facing downrange. ;)

Last edited:

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Am I jumpimg the gun here? I have been looking for the results from this shoot. Not ready yet, or they somewhere I aint been looking? Bay 5 was my favorite

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Yeah, it's easier when you start facing the targets.

I asked the mongo about it twice.
    His intention was for the start position to be toes on marks ,inside the shooting area.He changed it last minute so the stage description may not have been clear without the explanation I recieved.
    I guess this one gets thrown out of the overall scores and that sucks because I beat jake on this one:D

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It doesn't get thrown out

but this is another example that MD's and RO's need to be sure this information is clear and followed.

Especially now that there are cash paybacks, point series etc. It is unfair if some squads, some shooters are making their own interpretations of things.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    It doesn't get thrown out

but this is another example that MD's and RO's need to be sure this information is clear and followed.

Especially now that there are cash paybacks, point series etc. It is unfair if some squads, some shooters are making their own interpretations of things.

That's why I think it should be thrown out

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    That's why I think it should be thrown out

Part of me agrees with you. Part of me says, what did it really "cost" you to have to start facing up range. Fractions of a second difference. You are probably much better than I am but for me..

13As
    2Cs
    1M

61 points in 15.57 = 3.9 hit factor.
    If I had a second advantage
    61 points in 16.57 = 3.68 hit factor.

[ame]http://youtu.be/EJ6K-lnrrDQ[/ame]

Hopefully I don't get flamed for this post...

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm sure it cost me a second to turn. I'm not that fast.

However, since I'm not in the point series, I don't care that much.
    Now, if I lost the match due to it, yeah, I would start to care..;)

Jake and I have both shot big matches where they had to throw out a stage due to RO's being inconsistent on how they let people shoot it.

Once you start allowing people to change the start position or where and when you can engage targets, that stage is (or should be) gone.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    advantage/disadvantage really doesn't matter,the point is that everyone is supposed to have a chance to shoot the same stage. this stage would be thrown out of a level 2 match.At the very least the squads that used a different start position would be required to reshoot it,if possible.
    I think that the reason jake is pointing these things out is that we need to get better at ensuring a level playing field at our local matches. I believe this is the third time this year that he has video evidence that we aren't doing it.
    I think I was around 11.00 no mikes.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    when starting facing like I did. I had to move into the shooting box while you were already in it.

Anyway. I don't disagree with your reasons, I guess I just don't really care that much. I am in the point series and it's not worth making a big deal to me. Its just a local fun match.

Top Bottom