• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    A Big Thanks To Chad, Jeff, Greg, Vince, Rob, These guys stepped up Saturday and did set up, got all but one stage built. Great job guys!
    Thanks to all that came out and enjoyed the beautiful shooting weather with us.
    CB45 you heard correct August will be a 150+ NO match up close run and gun. Just what everyone likes :):
    So we are going to take Chad out of his element and see if he can produce some more awesome stages for us.

Thanks Everybody
    Daniel

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I thought the standards stage was awesome. And I showed up thinking, "Standards, I hate f&@#&ng standards."
    As Aron said, "This would make a great classifier".

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Here are my IKam videos. I didn't record the classifier for some reason. Finished first in limited. Again, great stages guys...I loved the mix of speed and challenging shots. Can't wait for the hose fest next month.
    [video=youtube_share;QObj4lOJnaU]http://youtu.be/QObj4lOJnaU[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Chad helped me on the scores. I thought we could get them done a little faster, before the Warsaw crew made it home, but I got sidetracked installing some sights.

Display Match Results - Detail Page - USPSA - United States Practical Shooting Association

Any corrections, let me know.

Yeah, that would be my fault.

Got 2 stages on video, thanks to JWO and Rhino for the camerawork!

You're welcome! Sorry for failing to add some colorful color commentary. I was tired.

To all of the ACC crew: fun match! Thanks! I got to practice my strong hand only shooting on the stage with the big shooting area, which was fun and useful to me.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

Same plan for fast and irrAtional, sorta close for ports, and totally different on V. Looks like chad did a pretty good job on making stages that can be shot a few different ways.

Why did you start on the farther targets for the SHO/WHO part of the standards? I saw a lot of people do that and didn't understand the rationale.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Same plan for fast and irrAtional, sorta close for ports, and totally different on V. Looks like chad did a pretty good job on making stages that can be shot a few different ways.

Why did you start on the farther targets for the SHO/WHO part of the standards? I saw a lot of people do that and didn't understand the rationale.

This is why I do it.
    WHO (my left hand) I work the targets L to R because its easier to pull the gun towards my body in recoil to the next target, rather than push the gun away from my body to a target on the left to the one I'm shooting. So the recoil helps me get to the next target, rather than fight it.

SHO (my right hand). Recoil brings the gun to the left. So I start on the right and work to the left.

The targets weren't that far away, so aiming was easy. I only thought, trigger straight back, trigger straight back. Worked out pretty good I think.

Others may have their own reasons. I'm interested.

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    This is why I do it.
    WHO (my left hand) I work the targets L to R because its easier to pull the gun towards my body in recoil to the next target, rather than push the gun away from my body to a target on the left to the one I'm shooting. So the recoil helps me get to the next target, rather than fight it.

SHO (my right hand). Recoil brings the gun to the left. So I start on the right and work to the left.

The targets weren't that far away, so aiming was easy. I only thought, trigger straight back, trigger straight back. Worked out pretty good I think.

Others may have their own reasons. I'm interested.

I went close to far because I wanted to be blasting away the instant I entered the box, no waiting for any settling at all. On the WHO only string with the transfer, it didn't help that much in part because my reload was kinda sucky and I wasn't charging into the box very hard. My gun wasn't up in time before/as I got into the box.

On the SHO, it worked better - The gun was up and my feet were still skidding through the gravel as I hit the first one. That would have been a .4-.5 of dead time waiting to settle enough on the far one, or not so good hits.

Probably a lot different with a dot, though.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The dot does help.

If your already on target before you enter the box, would it cost you anything to setup on the outside target? Aim as your outside foot lifts, shoot when your sights are lined up and your body is stable. Sounds good on paper...

A little harder setup vs 2 easier transitions. Probably a wash in terms of time. I think it just shoots smoother, especially WHO.

Top Bottom