• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Thanks for the crew that made this happened. The stages were really good. Makes you double think and overthink, then you're ****ed. LOL. Need more stages like these that pushes your limits.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Thanks for putting on a great match today! You guys sure know how to make a stage difficult.

Also:
    At some point today, I complained about my classifier performance. Upon further review, I'd like to retract that complaint. Gotta have some high point in a day of tough stages!

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Great challenging match. Yeah, it was tough.

Thanks ACC crew!

[video=youtube;uWfe36ThNgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWfe36ThNgw[/video]

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was there. In my first USPSA match of 2015, I managed to get an FTE and two misses. Woo-hoo! I also had -10 on another stage that I don't remember getting but 1) it's my responsibility to check the Kindle after I shoot and 2) it makes no difference in the outcome of the match for me or anyone else.

I got the star 5 shots, which is a good way to start 2015. I also did pretty well on most of the other poppers, with only one extra shot on the poppers with the hard cover popper in front. I tagged a couple of other poppers on the move on other stages, which is fun too.

I'm still testing a new Mec-Gar 10rd mag for my 9mm 1911. It worked great in two IDPA matches so far this year, but yesterday it wouldn't drop from the gun. Not sure if that's just me not pressing the mag release far enough or if I need to look at it some more. It definitely feeds rounds to my gun better than the Wilson ETM mags, and it costs about half.

I also took longer than usual with everything other than pressing the trigger. It was a nice, leisurely pace, albeit unplanned!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I was there. In my first USPSA match of 2015, I managed to get an FTE and two misses. Woo-hoo! I also had -10 on another stage that I don't remember getting but 1) it's my responsibility to check the Kindle after I shoot and 2) it makes no difference in the outcome of the match for me or anyone else.

I got the star 5 shots, which is a good way to start 2015. I also did pretty well on most of the other poppers, with only one extra shot on the poppers with the hard cover popper in front. I tagged a couple of other poppers on the move on other stages, which is fun too.

I'm still testing a new Mec-Gar 10rd mag for my 9mm 1911. It worked great in two IDPA matches so far this year, but yesterday it wouldn't drop from the gun. Not sure if that's just me not pressing the mag release far enough or if I need to look at it some more. It definitely feeds rounds to my gun better than the Wilson ETM mags, and it costs about half.

I also took longer than usual with everything other than pressing the trigger. It was a nice, leisurely pace, albeit unplanned!

Nose dives with the ETM?

If so, the spacer may need to be trimmed. That's the issue/fix I found with the ETMs I have, any way. For the price, you'd think they'd be better designed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Nose dives with the ETM?

If so, the spacer may need to be trimmed. That's the issue/fix I found with the ETMs I have, any way. For the price, you'd think they'd be better designed.

No, they hold the mags too high in my Range Officer 9mm. The cut for the mag catch is cut low on the tube (like standard Tripp Cobra mags), which I believe is to help feed better in some guns. I also think the mag catch in my Range Off is a bit high, so combining the two causes the slide to drag on the top round hard enough to keep it from going into battery. The gun functions without issue with Metalform 10rd mags, the Mec-Gar, and a variety of 9-rd mags.

When I have the opportunity, I'm going to try to the Wilsons in my old Springfield and maybe my bargain 9mm Citadel to see how they do.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    No, they hold the mags too high in my Range Officer 9mm. The cut for the mag catch is cut low on the tube (like standard Tripp Cobra mags), which I believe is to help feed better in some guns. I also think the mag catch in my Range Off is a bit high, so combining the two causes the slide to drag on the top round hard enough to keep it from going into battery. The gun functions without issue with Metalform 10rd mags, the Mec-Gar, and a variety of 9-rd mags.

When I have the opportunity, I'm going to try to the Wilsons in my old Springfield and maybe my bargain 9mm Citadel to see how they do.

Usually on first round or two out of the mag? The springs in the ETM are entirely too long for a mag body that is too short. Cutting 2 coils off the spring helped there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Usually on first round or two out of the mag? The springs in the ETM are entirely too long for a mag body that is too short. Cutting 2 coils off the spring helped there.

It has happened on the first 9 rounds in the mag before, which as you can imagine is somewhat annoying, especially since I test my new gear in matches.

I'd consider cutting coils if I thought it would help, but they're scraping really hard some something. I also might swap a different mag catch in there and see what happens.

Rhino is not allowed to use sharp cutting tools.
    Rhino if you want to clip the springs I'll do it for you

:):

Hush, you! And thanks for the offer. I may accept!

Top Bottom