• Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Copied from another forum

When USPSA purchased the Steel Challenge Shooting Association in 2008, the former administration was advised to set it up as an LLC to protect the parent organization. After recent meetings with the organization's attorney and CPA Firm, it has been determined that the need for an LLC no longer exists. Therefore, USPSA and SCSA will be merging into one association. Steel Challenge will become a shooting discipline alongside practical shooting. This effectively means there is no longer a need for separate memberships. Your USPSA membership will cover all disciplines: Practical, Steel and MultiGun.

If you have time left on your current SCSA membership we will credit that time to your USPSA membership. If you are not a dual member, your membership will automatically convert to a USPSA membership of the same type with the same membership expiration date.
    If a member has a Life membership in both organizations their membership will be converted to a USPSA Benefactor Member.

Going forward, please use your USPSA member number for all matches of all types.

If I can be of further assistance, feel free to contact me.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Sincerely,

Beth Larsen
    USPSA/SCSA Membership Coordinator
    872 North Hill Blvd.
    Burlington, WA 98233
    Phone: 360-855-2245
    Fax: 360-855-0380

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    They are now doing it the way it should have been done all along. Better late than never I guess.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Copied from another forum

When USPSA purchased the Steel Challenge Shooting Association in 2008, the former administration was advised to set it up as an LLC to protect the parent organization. After recent meetings with the organization's attorney and CPA Firm, it has been determined that the need for an LLC no longer exists. Therefore, USPSA and SCSA will be merging into one association. Steel Challenge will become a shooting discipline alongside practical shooting. This effectively means there is no longer a need for separate memberships. Your USPSA membership will cover all disciplines: Practical, Steel and MultiGun.

If you have time left on your current SCSA membership we will credit that time to your USPSA membership. If you are not a dual member, your membership will automatically convert to a USPSA membership of the same type with the same membership expiration date.
    If a member has a Life membership in both organizations their membership will be converted to a USPSA Benefactor Member.

Going forward, please use your USPSA member number for all matches of all types.

If I can be of further assistance, feel free to contact me.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Sincerely,

Beth Larsen
    USPSA/SCSA Membership Coordinator
    872 North Hill Blvd.
    Burlington, WA 98233
    Phone: 360-855-2245
    Fax: 360-855-0380

Was this from facebook someplace or another forum? Can you name the forum please? I was looking around for it and have not found it yet.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Coach I copied it from a Competition Revolver Forum.
    Revo-nation.com
    I don't know where the original message was copied from.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Coach I copied it from a Competition Revolver Forum.
    Revo-nation.com
    I don't know where the original message was copied from.
    Thanks I looked and could not find it on USPSA or Enos. One of those is surprising and the other is not. Why would our organization post info on its own forum?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I sent Kim an email this morning to find out about this
    Thanks. On the positive side this is long overdue and what they should have done in the first place. We need some leadership at the top. Someone who can tell the right people to shut up and who can make decisions for the good of the sport not for the good of a few. We need a leader and a worker. The Presidents job needs to be full time like ED and the president needs to do some work and give USPSA his undivided attention.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Thanks. On the positive side this is long overdue and what they should have done in the first place. We need some leadership at the top. Someone who can tell the right people to shut up and who can make decisions for the good of the sport not for the good of a few. We need a leader and a worker. The Presidents job needs to be full time like ED and the president needs to do some work and give USPSA his undivided attention.

Well said.

Top Bottom