• ...and so much more!
  • Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Well done ACC. A fun match today.
    Shot relatively well, made a bad call on the second classifier and made up an A with an A. Extra shot, extra hit.

[video=youtube_share;eEq-b38WJ2g]http://youtu.be/eEq-b38WJ2g[/video]

hooligan317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Carmel
    What a great event! Big thanks to Gary's whole squad for introducing me to USPSA today and showing this new shooter the ropes. Looking forward to the next one already!

-Matt

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    Great match Daniel and crew ! Outstanding job on the scores Rob ! i guess people are going to expect scores as soon as they fire their last shot now - LOL !

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Great match Daniel and crew ! Outstanding job on the scores Rob ! i guess people are going to expect scores as soon as they fire their last shot now - LOL !

heh - they really should be up that quick. However, the android app developers broke something in the sync function in the latest version, so I had to improvise a little getting the devices to talk to one another.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Had a good time as usual! Glad to see we are continually getting new shooters every month, keep coming out. Thanks for all the help tearing down too!

wkpjci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Well it started out being fun, then a royal brain fart on our third stage turned it into work. Oh well. Stages were well done. And I got a clarification on correct overlay use age, thanks Ryan. All in all a good day spent with quality people.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    I had a great time shooting on Jeff Oaks Squad. Improved my hits over last months match. Look forward to shooting more matches at ACC and other Indy local clubs.

Got a lot of help from the whole squad. Special thanks to: Jim Barbour, Mike Carroll, Bruce Jones and Joe Viray.
    Jeff Oakes

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Thanks to all that stepped up and helped run the match!
    It was a great day for shooting. Maybe one of these days I can work out the brain farts and mikes in my walk through.

Note to self practice more on plate rack..

See you on the range.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    great match as always!

-rvb

[video=youtube;75xZRzCMV6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75xZRzCMV6Q[/video]

The stage at about 37 seconds into it... What is the prevailing logic behind whether you would go from front to back or back to front with these more precision shots? I assume the thin strip of brown is what you want to hit and the black is penalty if you hit it.

Hidden in my question, I guess, is another question. Do you feel more confident with the accuracy of your shots as the course of fire goes on or are you more confident with the first ones right after the buzzer says "GO"?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks to the ACC crew for another fun match.

This match required more accuracy than most club matches and I was glad to see it! Unfortunately, what should have been a good day for me for that reason turned out the opposite. I think I had 5 misses and my time on the stage with the star was ridiculous. I haven't used more than 6 rounds on a Texas star for years, yet after the first three plates were off, I couldn't execute my fundamentals. It got worse at the plate rack! Which is crazy, since I did well (for me) on the plates at an NRA Action Pistol match last week. ARGH!

It was still fun and good practice. I should also mention that any rumors of me knowing anything about operating a Kindle are unfounded in fact and should not be repeated.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The stage at about 37 seconds into it... What is the prevailing logic behind whether you would go from front to back or back to front with these more precision shots? I assume the thin strip of brown is what you want to hit and the black is penalty if you hit it.

Hidden in my question, I guess, is another question. Do you feel more confident with the accuracy of your shots as the course of fire goes on or are you more confident with the first ones right after the buzzer says "GO"?

First, yes, brown=target, black=Miss (penalty). this stage was "Virginia count," meaning make-up shots were not allowed (penalized), so hits were extra important. The farthest target was twice as far as the closest.

I don't know if there is "prevailing" logic... People will shoot it differently and for different reasons... I can just speak to my reasoning.

On that stage, the difference was pretty minimal (2x the distance = 1/2 the apparent target "size")... But Often I like to take the hardest shot out of the holster... Take the extra time to get a good grip, then the shots just get easier from there. My problem in those cases is I tend to have a hard time speeding up and taking advantage of the easier shot, so I was glad to see in this video my last splits were 50% of the splits on the first two targets. Speeding up like that is something I worked on last year and I'm glad it seems to have stuck. I've never had a hard time slowing down (going from easier to harder target), so I was tempted to shoot the stage near to far for that reason... But since they were ALL relatively tight shots, I couldn't have been very much faster out of the holster on the close target..

The interesting thing is the previous stage, I took the easiest shot first (big steel with the least lean around the barricade). But my reasoning there was that I could actually see that target before the buzzer and not be too leaned over while trying to draw... So every stage is different... And making those decisions is part of the fun...

-rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I made five good shots on that stage, then I "quit" before I finished the sixth because my brain knew it was the last shot. I'd feel less stupid if I hadn't counseled some many other shooters about making that mistake so many times in the past. This non-physician needs to heal himself!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I made five good shots on that stage, then I "quit" before I finished the sixth because my brain knew it was the last shot. I'd feel less stupid if I hadn't counseled some many other shooters about making that mistake so many times in the past. This non-physician needs to heal himself!

umm..... it was an 8-round stage!

-rvb

edit: wait, maybe you meant the steely speed stage... we'll hope so! haha

Archerguy1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Alexandria Indiana
    It wasn't meant to be, I had my range bag sitting there ready to go, mags loaded and secured, and as I was walking to my truck Sunday morning to make the 30 min trek to ACC for my first USPSA shoot, my phone rings and a friend that was headed to Salamonie to go boating had a trailer tire blow out and couldn't get his bottle jack under the trailer and ask me to bring my floor jack that is always in my tool box in the truck bed. Well long story short I drove to Marion instead of my first shoot, next time I plan on being there as it really looks like a good time , even if I have never done anything like this before

Top Bottom