• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    [video=youtube;yRtfchkc11w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRtfchkc11w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Great match guys. Except it was really hard to try and catch up after zeroing a 120 point classifier...maybe next time I'll pay attention to how many points a classifier is before I throw it out haha. Much thanks for the lunch afterwards!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    A Big thanks to Daniel for all of his hard work today and the past 4 years, and a big thanks to Rob for stepping up to be match director. Guys like these are what makes our sport so great!!.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks Dan for all the hard work and time spent coordinating everything. You've been the MD since I started USPSA and glad you guys got me involved in the club! I'm not letting you ***** out on set up next year though!!!

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    A fun match, good squad and appreciated lunch. Well done ACC.
    Thank you Daniel for your years of service to USPSA at ACC.

[video=youtube_share;S0ipNnNJSxQ]http://youtu.be/S0ipNnNJSxQ[/video]

Couldn't keep the C-More mount tight during the match and learned of a cracked slide on the way home.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Sorry I missed it.... had church activities w/ the kids. looks like it was a good match (as usual!).

Some video - I'm still amazed that I can shoot the video, edit it, and post it to the interwebz, all from a freakin' phone.

what app you using to edit?

Congrats/Condolances/whatever on your new gig as MD :)

Even if Mongo vetoed all my suggestions to move all the targets past 20yds and throw no-shoots and hardcover on them. :(

^^^ Vision of the future???

Dan, thanks for your time/effort w/ the ACC USPSA. Always a great match!

-rvb

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Sorry I missed it.... had church activities w/ the kids. looks like it was a good match (as usual!).

what app you using to edit?

Congrats/Condolances/whatever on your new gig as MD :)

^^^ Vision of the future???

Dan, thanks for your time/effort w/ the ACC USPSA. Always a great match!

-rvb

iMovie on the phone. I think I may pick up an iPad for this sort of thing and shot coach analysis, as well as a scoring master device. (I'm not trying to rationalize a new gadget or anything)

I don't think the match flavor will change all that much. We had great turnouts the last few years. If it ain't broke....
    Id like to pick your brain sometime on stage design though.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    Thanks everyone for coming out!

It was a fun match. Special thanks to Warsaw guys Craig, Phil, John B, and Brent for being such a big help on my squad. Y'all rock.

Some video - I'm still amazed that I can shoot the video, edit it, and post it to the interwebz, all from a freakin' phone.

[video=youtube_share;2mnU5fch_gA]http://youtu.be/2mnU5fch_gA[/video]

What gun are you using? Just a noob being curious, thinking I might stick with Production if I can find a gun with zero recoil.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    What gun are you using? Just a noob being curious, thinking I might stick with Production if I can find a gun with zero recoil.

Rob shoots a Tanfoglio Stock 2 aka "The Unicorn". Its not just the gun he shoots. Rob is a Master ranked shooter. When he shot a FN and a Glock it looks likes he has no recoil too.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

That's my backup gun, a Tanfoglio limited Pro. My primary is a Tanfoglio stock 2, a.k.a. the Unicorn (because they're about as easy to find as one)

They're relatively heavy steel framed guns that soak up recoil quite well. 43ish oz for the Limited pro and 45.8oz for the Stock 2.

I also have an hour long commute, and I squeeze the crap out of Captains of Crush grip trainers almost every day while I drive.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    Rob shoots a Tanfoglio Stock 2 aka "The Unicorn". Its not just the gun he shoots. Rob is a Master ranked shooter. When he shot a FN and a Glock it looks likes he has no recoil too.

I understand he's quite the accomplished shooter, but the almost non-existent recoil can NOT be matched with a plastic framed gun.

That's my backup gun, a Tanfoglio limited Pro. My primary is a Tanfoglio stock 2, a.k.a. the Unicorn (because they're about as easy to find as one)

They're relatively heavy steel framed guns that soak up recoil quite well. 43ish oz for the Limited pro and 45.8oz for the Stock 2.

I also have an hour long commute, and I squeeze the crap out of Captains of Crush grip trainers almost every day while I drive.

Thanks for the info Rob, would you suggest a Tanfoglio over a CZ 75 SP-01?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I understand he's quite the accomplished shooter, but the almost non-existent recoil can NOT be matched with a plastic framed gun.

Thanks for the info Rob, would you suggest a Tanfoglio over a CZ 75 SP-01?

Can't be matched exactly, no. Weight helps, it just does.

here's the FNS as a comparison. Still fairly flat, but not quite steel gun flat.
    [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnSfoFQSAws[/video]

The tanfo and the SP-01 are really quite similar in terms of how soft they shoot. All of the Tanfos will have a larger grip, and the trigger mechanism is a little tougher to get really good as compared to a CZ Sp01.

All that said, grip strength matters more than the gear.

Top Bottom