• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Oh, I almost forgot to ask... do the Team HTFU shirts come in sizes smaller than a XXXXL? If so, I'll take a Medium.:D

Sorry, but, no.

You will have to wear a XXL, that is the smallest size that the HTFU shirts come in. So you will either: A) bulk up a bit, I suggest doughnuts. or B) wear the shirt like a rap star, but it is mandatory to wear a hat sideways in true rap star fashion as well. Take your pick.:)

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    So you will either: A) bulk up a bit, I suggest doughnuts. or B) wear the shirt like a rap star, but it is mandatory to wear a hat sideways in true rap star fashion as well. Take your pick.:)

And should you choose option B, you will also be required to shoot strong hand only, gun canted 90 degrees. :D

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    So what you're telling me is that Team HTFU is actually team STFU? (soften)

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Stage 2

Having watched the videos supplied by Hickman a few times I have the following observations regarding Stage 2:

From the what I did right department, I shot the first four targets while moving to the second position. This is obviously faster than standing shooting four targets and then moving to the second position. This shooting was able to be done while backing up which is the easiest way to shoot on the move.

From the what I did not do right department, I did not snap my eyes from target four to target five, and it was a long transition and it needed to be done. Also in the third and final position I was slow to get the first shot off. I did not arrive ready to shoot.

Other shooters: I will not name names on this part because it is in no way meant to be a criticism.

-If you are going to stand and shoot all four targets from one position it is going to be slow. Need to shoot at least the last one on the move. On the stand up you can get one step toward the next position as well.

- Most went too far to the left to get the second target array. Stay back from the wall more and only go far enough left to see the targets. The more steps you go left the farther you have to come back for the last position. Distance costs time even if you are fast.

-Grip. If the muzzle of your gun is flipping your grip can be improved to fix this problem. Muzzle flip costs you time as well.

- This is hard to see on the video, but did you pick the gun up with both hands? Strong hand on the grip, weak hand under the read sight to tip it up so the strong hand can get its firing grip. When the gun comes off the table your grip should be established and you can get on to the shooting.

Hope you all find this helpful.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Good advice Coach.

I definitely went too deep to the left. For some reason, I wasn't comfortable standing that far back. I guess it's because I have a harder time finding and planning a point of reference out in the middle of space.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Good advice Coach.

I definitely went too deep to the left. For some reason, I wasn't comfortable standing that far back. I guess it's because I have a harder time finding and planning a point of reference out in the middle of space.

Find it in the planning period and program it into you plan. That three or four feet foward does not make much difference shooting but it makes a big difference in the movement and the time it takes.

Findthe spot and then look to the wall in front of you for a reference point.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Additional tips:

Stage 1 from the April Match

When shooting SHO and right handed shoot from right to left on the targets.
    When shooting WHO and right handed shoot from left to right on the targets.

this allows the shooter to use recoil and not fight it as much. If I have the gun in my left hand the recoil is going to drift naturally to right because there is less support.

This should allow you to go a little faster.
    SHO and WHO are where the boys get separated from the men. Most shooters never practice this skill set and they should. Even those tactical tim types out there that look down on games are not very good at it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    -Grip. If the muzzle of your gun is flipping your grip can be improved to fix this problem. Muzzle flip costs you time as well.

I got some advice on this Friday Night, my grip was too low, causing too much flip. My grip is much improve in the last two stage of FNS. I have some steps to practice as well.

Info from you guys is GOLD.

Sevigny's grip advice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvJzFdcYSag

Last edited:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Additional tips:

Stage 1 from the April Match

When shooting SHO and right handed shoot from right to left on the targets.
    When shooting WHO and right handed shoot from left to right on the targets.

this allows the shooter to use recoil and not fight it as much. If I have the gun in my left hand the recoil is going to drift naturally to right because there is less support.

This should allow you to go a little faster.
    SHO and WHO are where the boys get separated from the men. Most shooters never practice this skill set and they should. Even those tactical tim types out there that look down on games are not very good at it.

Where was this **** when I was shooting the stage?!?!?!!?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Losers.

I'm makin' Master Class in Limited this year and you'll all be eatin' my dust. I'm going to go spend an hour dry firing right now.

Did I miss April Fool's Day?

Top Bottom