• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well soon as a find a match there will be 1 at least. Big reason is that I already have the equipment on hand. I thought about it for several years but due to my eye sight issues shooting iron sights is a none starter. I looked at open guns but the entry cost was a bit too high for my budget. Being able to shoot with a reddot is very appealing to me.

Don't forget about Carry Optics

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You don't have to join to play at level 1 matches. I didn't join for my whole first year shooting USPSA. Just come shoot.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I guess the first thing to do is join. Does membership expire 31 Dec or is it one year from you join date?

You don't have to join to play at level 1 matches. I didn't join for my whole first year shooting USPSA. Just come shoot.

this is true and a great feature of uspsa.

but I encourage folks to join, especially after a match or two if you think it's something you'll continue. You'll get started on your way to earning a classification and IMO it's good to support the organization that makes it possible.

to answer your question, membership is valid 1 yr from your join date. just $35-40/yr ($25 if you don't get the magazine, which, IMO, is worth $10/yr... more interesting than any other gun rag out there, with contribution often from members you know...)

-rvb

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well soon as a find a match there will be 1 at least. Big reason is that I already have the equipment on hand. I thought about it for several years but due to my eye sight issues shooting iron sights is a none starter. I looked at open guns but the entry cost was a bit too high for my budget. Being able to shoot with a reddot is very appealing to me.

I shoot carry optics with my EDC Glock/RMR. May try it in open though so I can go appendix carry.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

but I encourage folks to join, especially after a match or two if you think it's something you'll continue. You'll get started on your way to earning a classification and IMO it's good to support the organization that makes it possible.

to answer your question, membership is valid 1 yr from your join date. just $35-40/yr ($25 if you don't get the magazine, which, IMO, is worth $10/yr... more interesting than any other gun rag out there, with contribution often from members you know...)

-rvb
    Thanks!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

-rvb

I got the 2016 annual issue with my membership card. There was pretty good information in there on getting started in the sport. I was happy to have an experienced competitor go with me at my first match, but even so just what I had read here and in the magazine would have made it fairly pain free. The name of the guy who wrote the last article in the magazine seemed familiar.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom