• ...and so much more!
  • Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    It’s
    Because he wouldn't give a 2 bit low class no talent bum a ride in a golf cart.

Kind of kidding, but he has a history of flying off the handle and acting in a way some people don't like. Treating members in a way that the president of the organization probably shouldn't be doing.

Allegedly
    This time maybe allegedly. But the other times there is proof and paper trails of it. While I’m glad to see he’s gone. I also remember we could always get someone worse.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Perhaps he was a keyboard commando type that knew the likelihood of getting popped in the mouth for taking that kind of attitude in real life so he kept it online?
    He did it in person too. That was the last straw during the nationals. I've seen him yell at staff few years ago at KY sectional that was very short staffed.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Wholly crap Batman!
    IIRC the salary for President was around 55K when he was elected first time. I believe he eliminated a couple of people and took over they duties and salaries and he received 10K profit sharing last year.
    While I do think Mike did some good things for our sport I had issues with him and some of his thinking. I won't go into it on a public forum but I will say that KARMA is a bitch.:):

A couple of people that I have heard are they plan on running for the job so far.
    One is a hell NO and other is a maybe and hopefully others run(you listening Jake:nuts:)

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A couple of people that I have heard are they plan on running for the job so far.
    One is a hell NO and other is a maybe and hopefully others run(you listening Jake:nuts:)
    Whoever it is will screw up production with the woke IPSC French globalist 15 round crap (I didn't know you could say crap on ingo until the last post worked, still can't say **** though I bet).

Reactions: tsm

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Whoever it is will screw up production with the woke IPSC French globalist 15 round crap (I didn't know you could say crap on ingo until the last post worked, still can't say **** though I bet).
    Woke 15 rounds? Didn't know you were a democrat? Bet you wanna get rid of the AR guns too. Yup, Jeff wants lower capacity and no ARs. Figures. Always the dudes in jorts.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

Ok so I have never understood this rule , outside of SS every gun ever has at least a 15 round magazine capacity. But then again I also think PCC class is idiotic. Wonder if there will be a minor / major power factor change as well. At this point the only guys I know that really shoot 40 do so only for competition purposes.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Ok so I have never understood this rule , outside of SS every gun ever has at least a 15 round magazine capacity.
    40 cal is more typically 14 and 45 more typically 12, both are a lot of fun shooting low power factor loads in the production division although I agree that most folks shoot 9.

A lot of us shoot both USPSA and IDPA and sticking to the same round count makes the transition simpler.

The nature of the game (stage planning, risk level with missing steels, etc.) is dramatically different when you change from 10 to 15.

A lot of folks enjoy reloading and get as big of a kick out of hitting a good reload as making a good shot.

All that said, if changes happen because that is what the majority of shooters want then it is what it is.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    Since Production doesn’t allow SA guns, I assumed it was created to separate “duty guns” from the 1911/2011s with better triggers in Limited. But since any full-size DA “duty gun” has a 15+ mag, why limit the class to 10? (And at 15, why bother to limit it at all?) I say just throw all of those back into Limited.

What’s missing is a class for the compact guns like the G43/P365/Shield that doesn’t lump them in with full-size guns with 2-3x the mag capacity and grips you can get a whole hand on.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    For those that don't know, Production was started during the mag capacity years when 10 rounds was the thing. I think 11 states still have capacity limits. If you want 15 rounds shoot Limited. The biggest mistake in Production was to start allowing modifications to the guns.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I hear that, but I wonder if requiring the super squad at a major match to train with and use stock Glocks (for example) would make any difference when the numbers are totaled.
    I don't think it would make a difference in placement. The top would still be the top, only thing that would change are the times.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Disclaimer I don't shoot production.
    Production needs to stay at 10 rounds IMO.
    15 rounds really doesn't change things much with the current rules of max 8 shots from a position or view.
    Yes it saves ONE reload during a 32 round course of fire but the first 16 rounds(with the Barney) you have no extras if you miss a steel or drop a shot into hardcover or have a gun malfunction then you are doing a standing reload. If you reload between positions as you do now but have the mentality that I now have 5 extra shots then you might need to work on your accuracy.
    Will it be a advantage on some stages HELL yes it might be but part of production(and SS and Revolver) is stage planning and some of us actually enjoy that part of the game.
    If everyone has 10 rounds in their production gun then it is even for all production shooters, it will still be even with 15 rounds as your competition will also now have 15 rounds. It is not going to change the amount of reloads that much so if you suck at reloads then you are still going to suck at reloads(practice more). If the extra rounds sounds good for making up misses then see what I said above about working on your accuracy.:draw:
    Several 9MM guns don't hold 15 rounds and while we don't usually see them at matches I have seen them a few times. Usually newer shooters.
    If they allowed shooters to load to capacity then it turns into a equipment race. Glock who supports our sport quite heavily has guns that hold 17 9mm and several other brands of guns hold 19 9mm. Glocks would be deemed non completive anymore. Yes I realize that it is the shooter and not the gun but I know shooters that won't buy brand X carry optic guns because they can only get 22 rounds in the magazine and other brands hold 23 rounds. :shoot:
    As said before there are lots of divisions that you can load the mags all the way up and have a blast.
    I shoot revolver because I like the challenge of doing so not because it is easy or better.
    I have fun shooting revolver and others have fun shooting their division of choice.
    Find one that is fun and shoot it.
    Don't try to change the rules for everyone to satisfy a few.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Will it be a advantage on some stages HELL yes it might be but part of production(and SS and Revolver) is stage planning and some of us actually enjoy that part of the game.

Reminds me, that 6-6-6-6-6 reload drill stage at Max's club was a lot of fun. Wouldn't mind seeing something similar again one of these days.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I find this all very interesting. The prejudice and the selfish stance on what divisions should be has raised its ugly head again. Since the shooting sports were invented, there have been battles between Trap vs Skeet, Precision Pistol vs Action Pistol, Classic Revolver vs Moon Clips, USPSA vs IDPA, SASS vs NCOWS, Handguns vs Rifles, 45 vs 9mm, and the list is endless.

The fact is, every rule and division change is a reactive decision. The admin has the job of change making for the good of the entire roster, not just a few that have a favorite firearm of some sort. Regardless, you either suck or you don’t as a shooter.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I can still recall the histrionics which transpired here when revolver went from 6 to 8.

:runaway::tantrum::nailbite::nopity:

If this were to happen, it should produce some good reading.

Top Bottom