• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I still think it's ok. It's what separates it from other division, the technical aspect of it. Same with SS division, which is IMO, created in honor of the 1911 gun and its fans. I still think the reloading part is vital to any gun handling while I know others just love to shoot. And price wise for gear, it's still cheaper and serves as an entry division even though I started limited division back then since I sucked. I still suck but less. haha.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I still think it's ok. It's what separates it from other division, the technical aspect of it. Same with SS division, which is IMO, created in honor of the 1911 gun and its fans. I still think the reloading part is vital to any gun handling while I know others just love to shoot. And price wise for gear, it's still cheaper and serves as an entry division even though I started limited division back then since I sucked. I still suck but less. haha.
    SO you are LESS SUCKY now???

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    at a quick glance, changes look reasonable. I've never liked the limits on things like stippling location and undercutting. I don't think I'll be doing anything different to my guns based on these changes, but I think it allows more new guys to show up w/ legit carry guns and mods and shoot in the division and that's a good thing.

production w/ full mags = limited minor = meh, we don't need another division for that.

-rvb

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I see the mag limit as testing round awareness, gun handling & stage planning to a higher degree. Low cap divisions force you to be judicious with extra shots. You can't just squirt bullets or you'll be double penalized with makeup shots and a standing reload. You also have to have reloading skills. It's fairly easy to find a movement gap in one spot in the stage which will afford you 2+ seconds to finish your one reload for limited. Low cap divisions often have situations where if you can't get your reload done in close to a second, your going to have any additional time penalizing you.

As far as rule changes, I'm just glad they are going about it the right way this time. That hammer ruling which contradicted the rule book was bs.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I differ with a lot of my friends. The matches are practice and a measure of testing for my shooting skills.

To quote our friend Mr. Fish, "I wouldn't come, if I couldn't reload."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I get why you guys like the 10 round limit in Production. The thing is, zero of those reasons were part if the decision when the Division was implemented and the 10 round limited was applied. It was all about the Omnibus Crime Act of 1994, the included ban on new standard capacity magazines, and lack of availability of standard capacity magazines due to that ban. That law is no longer with us and those Production Division guns all ship with 12-20 round magazines (in less Commified stated). If the division is about competing with what comes in the box from the store, people should be allowed to compete with what is in the box and not pretend that their magazines are neutered.

Maybe they should call it "I Prefer to Reload More Often" Division?

And while I'm on my complaining binge, I also think the holster position rules for Single Stack and Production are retarded.

And, the rule that won't let you have mill holes in a 1911 slide and still compete in Single Stack is retarded.

And . . .

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I get why you guys like the 10 round limit in Production. The thing is, zero of those reasons were part if the decision when the Division was implemented and the 10 round limited was applied. It was all about the Omnibus Crime Act of 1994, the included ban on new standard capacity magazines, and lack of availability of standard capacity magazines due to that ban. That law is no longer with us and those Production Division guns all ship with 12-20 round magazines (in less Commified stated). If the division is about competing with what comes in the box from the store, people should be allowed to compete with what is in the box and not pretend that their magazines are neutered.

Maybe they should call it "I Prefer to Reload More Often" Division?

And while I'm on my complaining binge, I also think the holster position rules for Single Stack and Production are retarded.

And, the rule that won't let you have mill holes in a 1911 slide and still compete in Single Stack is retarded.

And . . .

Anybody that thinks "make ready" means "now point a loaded gun at your naughty bits" does not get to have an opinion.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    "The man" puts on a 10 round limit. IDPA starts. People go to IDPA partly because 10 round limit, partly because "tactics!", partly because uspsa equipment race. Uspsa competes w. IDPA by starting production. Fed restrictions go away and some states start their own. Turns out some folks like production division as is, so we keep it, which is good for folks in the f*d states.

If there were no mag restriction, then no PD... sure. But that says we didn’t need it before the restrictions because limited. So if you want full mags you can have your full mags, just like in the good old days before PD, if you shoot limited. Why do we need to change PD which only exists because of 10 round limits?

TLDR? Shoot PCC and never reload again.

-rvb

Top Bottom