• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    It seems like this time of year match directors kind of run on a tentative schedule, if the weather is looking bearable they’ll schedule something early to mid week.
    Steel challenge isn’t a prerequisite by any means but it is a good way to get your feet wet. Friday Nite Steel was the first few matches I ever attended and they are exceptionally beginner friendly. Atlanta Conservation is probably pretty close to you and I’m sure they will be hosting steel matches in the spring. USPSA there is kind of up in the air at this point but I imagine some of us regulars will step up and host a few matches there once it thaws out. Longbeard was kind enough to take it on last year
    I totally get that. Indiana has its weather ups and downs. The 60 degrees today was really nice, though! Yes, Atlanta is about half an hour closer (or more depending on 69/465 traffic).

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Any match is suitable to start. Just pick one and come. A classifier match would be great because it is mostly standing and shooting and a good place to learn the range commands.

I am a regular at Friday Night Steel. You can ask for me there. This match shoots from the low ready and not a draw.
    Steel challenge is from a draw as is USPSA of course.

Atlanta runs steel all winter as well on the 3rd Saturday of the month. It's usually not on INGO. DM me your email address and I can get you added to their email list if you like. That is how they announce the matches.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Any match is suitable to start. Just pick one and come. A classifier match would be great because it is mostly standing and shooting and a good place to learn the range commands.

I am a regular at Friday Night Steel. You can ask for me there. This match shoots from the low ready and not a draw.
    Steel challenge is from a draw as is USPSA of course.

Atlanta runs steel all winter as well on the 3rd Saturday of the month. It's usually not on INGO. DM me your email address and I can get you added to their email list if you like. That is how they announce the matches.
    That would be awesome! DM inbound! Thanks so much!

Top Bottom