• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

One possible "solution" which draws upon the experience of other disciplines, is that this seems like a "disabled gun" type of situation, and perhaps it could be clarified that "No FT_ procedural shall be assessed in cases where the failure in question was due to a disabled gun." Or similar. I cannot see the benefit to the sport, of loading up a shooter with additional "hate crime" procedurals on top of something like this. (Unless we're talking about the example I gave above, arising from a hideous stage design. But it's still awfully contrived). It seems to me that where a competitor could conceivably gain competitive advantage by just taking the mikes, that's the kind of situation "FT_" should be designed to counteract. Preventing gamesmanship. But somebody's gun or ammo simply pukes before the end of the stage, and there is obviously no intent to game the system? I really do not see the point.

On a different slant, does anybody know the intent behind the aforementioned stipulation of giving the shooter a re-shoot if the RO stops him on a squib? Why is this case treated differently from another type of malfunction? I think if your equipment is faulty, in "practical" competition this should have a cost to the competitor. If I am missing something, I beg instruction and correction.

there are shooting sports that give alibis if your gear fails. I think alibis are stupid. Many complain there’s not enough "practical" about USPSA, but having gear that works is the most critical "practical" lessons you can get. If your gun pukes, yes, the failure to engage penalties should be piled on along with being scored as shot, imo. You have to bring a working gun, whether to a gun fight or a shootin competition, or the penalty is stiff...

if the RO stops you for a squib and it turns out the RO is wrong, you get a reshoot since your equipment wasn’t faulty after all. If there’s a stuck bullet and the RO was right, you’re done for the stage. Seems fair.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    If the tutu covers the holster would the guy still need a fishing vest?

attachment.php

Nice self portrait.

Top Bottom