• downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRWqCxAZ46E&feature=youtu.be

Muskego, WI

Zeroed a stage...:dunno: Only one mike (on the zeroed stage, because I already had two extra shot, extra hit penalties)

Trigger freezes :dunno:

and a borderline 180 :xmad:

All in all, shooting could have been a bit more fluid, but still making progress. Shooting definitely improved over last Wednesday night. Seven stages at Schulz Gun Club.

On a side note...

THANK YOU MATCH DIRECTORS and volunteers ....having shot in IL and WI now, organization is top notch here. Do not take them faor granted. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I tore down two stages myself...there were 36 other shooters. Please remember this is a volunteer sport. Do your part and help out with set up and/or tear down!

The people were friendly and I got to shoot with "your my boy blue" Tom Peters again. "Blue" is a good dude :D

Last edited:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    That zero probably cost me 3-4 positions in the final standings. 7th of 13. One stage win. One 2nd and one 4th. Of course, won the classifier stage. I had two other middle of the road stages. Hopefully, I will get it lines out by SS/Prod match

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Well come to find out they typed my USPSA number in wrong. They updated, didn't change my number, then dropped me a class....lol. Maybe USPSA will drop me a class too!

Moral of the story, thank your match directors, scorers and volunteers.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Nice shooting Mike!
    As a lefty also I have noticed that in our sport it seems like most of the stages (probably set up by right handed shooters) have starting positions that force movement from left to right.

Not complaining, just an observation that shooting left handed we have to be even more conscious of possibly breaking the 180 when reloading.

Just curious, is ammo as hard to get there as it is here?

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Nice shooting Mike!
    As a lefty also I have noticed that in our sport it seems like most of the stages (probably set up by right handed shooters) have starting positions that force movement from left to right.

Not complaining, just an observation that shooting left handed we have to be even more conscious of possibly breaking the 180 when reloading.

Just curious, is ammo as hard to get there as it is here?

Normally I am conscious of this. I'm guessing no one in the squad saw it either. It is not the first time I've been close, but the first time I've seen it on film. No excuses, I went about 185 which is a rule violation. I should have got the Dairy Queen.

We should demand equal stage design! ;)

The only time I looked, there was nothing on the shelves. I mean nothing.

Top Bottom