• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That's not bad, and it definitely moves you out of Steffan territory, but a real Bevan would have used a set of pruning shears to cut the toes off, then held the stumps against the heating elements of his stove until they were cauterized.

I'm just sayin', is all.

• Knee Surgery before Warsaw
    • Heart Surgery after Warsaw
    • Burns holes in toe nails to drain the nasty after State

Yeah, I'd say my Bevan card is almost stamped.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Do I have to join USPSA to shoot? How much does that cost? Plus match entry fee? I plan on shooting at least state championship next year.

Don't have to join, but cheap if you want to $40 a year with the Front Sight magazine, $25 if ya don't. I like the Front Sight mag, so I go that way.

USPSA On LINE Registration

When you do join, you'll get a number then each time you shoot a a classifier, it will go towards your rankings. This helps you judge yourself against others at your ability level.

Most local matches are $20, some cheaper if you are a members (like at FNS)

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Do I have to join USPSA to shoot? How much does that cost? Plus match entry fee? I plan on shooting at least state championship next year.
    You don't have to join USPSA for a club match, but you do for Level II matches (state) and above. It's $40 a year for a USPSA membership, and South Central's match fee is $20 for non-members and $10 for members (+$35 to join).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    • Knee Surgery before Warsaw
    • Heart Surgery after Warsaw
    • Burns holes in toe nails to drain the nasty after State
    Yeah, I'd say my Bevan card is almost stamped.

Did you do the knee surgery yourself with a rust spoon and no anesthesia?
    Did you drive through the fast food and get a bacon cheeseburger and onion rings on the way to the hospital for the heart surgery?

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Did you drive through the fast food and get a bacon cheeseburger and onion rings on the way to the hospital for the heart surgery?

With that note...His Bevan stamps were taken away when he had 8 FTE's Saturday night. :runaway:

We can discuss that the next time I see ya :D. I can hear your laugh righ now.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

I smoked a Marlboro Red as I drove myself to the ER during the first heart attack. ;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Were these FTE's on his ammo or the "other" ammo? :D

those were "Refusals to Engage", if it's not better than what I already have, there's no need :D

now if I'd come across a target that met a higher standard, I would have joined my glitter covered buddies in a little :spend:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay . . . smoking a filterless cigarette on the way AND refusing to engage targets puts you back over the top.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Its really HARD to engage targets when your asleep. But I think the chiner with a niner was doing some blocking.
    Blocking or not...

9.9.1 Moving scoring targets which present at least a portion of the highest scoring area when at rest following the completion of their designed movement, or which continuously appear and disappear, will always incur failure to shoot at and/or miss penalties (exception see Rule 9.2.4.4). See Appendix B2 or B3 for the percent of target to be presented. :D

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Blocking or not...

9.9.1 Moving scoring targets which present at least a portion of the highest scoring area when at rest following the completion of their designed movement, or which continuously appear and disappear, will always incur failure to shoot at and/or miss penalties (exception see Rule 9.2.4.4). See Appendix B2 or B3 for the percent of target to be presented. :D

:laugh:. I think EatMeerkats engaged all the targets that were presented to him. Plus Riverman nudged a target his way. :draw:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    That's not bad, and it definitely moves you out of Steffan territory, but a real Bevan would have used a set of pruning shears to cut the toes off, then held the stumps against the heating elements of his stove until they were cauterized.
    I'm just sayin', is all.

Are you really the one to be giving the Bevan speech.....

I'm just sayin', is all.......

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    :laugh:. I think EatMeerkats engaged all the targets that were presented to him. Plus Riverman nudged a target his way. :draw:
    Would that be considered an array or a stage? And can we get riverman for coaching? I beleive that is considered unsportsman like conduct or maybe it is sportsman like conduct. And I think somebody has been reading his rule book. Or did you copy and paste eatmeerkats? Also does this mean Hickman zeroed the course?
    Is this a new official saying?
    I'm just sayin', is all

Last edited:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    nope. disappearing targets :D

They most certainly did NOT disappear:):

I was not coaching , only discussing the course of fire ahead of time:)

I am guilty of nudging targets toward eatmeercats on at least one occasion so maybe I did cheat a little , the infraction is harmless , It didn't change the score;)

Top Bottom