• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    USPSA password and email database was hacked and leaked. Site is down at this time but everyone will presumably need to change their PW once it is back up and ensure any other sites that used that PW and email combo have been changed (if you do that, which isn't smart).
    Apparently the PWs were stored in an unencrypted DB which makes a lot of sense...in 1991. ****ing Clownshoes!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=205850&hl=

USPSA Web Site Hacked - USPSA Shooting - Invision Power Board

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    What service does uspsa.org offer that requires an email address and password?
    I have only viewed match results and my personal profile.

Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    None really, most things are accessible via the pin but when you first register you can create a password before you receive your first membership card with the pin on it.

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    Okay, I was wondering if I was missing out on some benefit/service. I checked the link you provided and I my
    info was not included. But I did look for a few email addresses that I know and they were there, so the list appears to be real.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Just an information security reminder folks. Please do not reuse your passwords between sites, especially passwords for financial and major sites (like Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc). Apparently a lot of people on this list didn't do that and are now vulnerable to Paypal and other hacks. If you did use the same password at USPSA and some other sites, please change both passwords.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I scrolled through that list, saw mine and a bunch of names and emails I knew or recognized.

When caught hackers should have their hands cut off and their eyes gouged out.

Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    There are 90 people on that list that used "password" as their password. I sincerely hope that by this point people know better than to use any complete word, or combination of words that can be found in a dictionary as a password for anything more important that the USPSA site.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a PDF screen print of the page. I will e-mail it to you.

Thank you!

The password I had on there won't help anyone get into anything of mine, but it was a good reminder that we all need to be vigilant to protect our assets from thieves and vandals. I made some changes to my financial institution logins that will make it a little tougher for them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So . . . how many DAYS should I expect to wait for the password reset? If they're sending an email to me with a link, it's not arriving, nor is it going to my spam folder.

Of course, why should expect that to function from people who left thousands of email/password combinations available as a plain text file after being warned in the past?

DUMBASSES.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    So . . . how many DAYS should I expect to wait for the password reset? If they're sending an email to me with a link, it's not arriving, nor is it going to my spam folder.

Of course, why should expect that to function from people who left thousands of email/password combinations available as a plain text file after being warned in the past?

DUMBASSES.

They sent me one in a few minutes after I requested one. However, it ended up in my spam folder.

You using gmail? If so, go to gmail and check the spam folder there. The email was in that folder, but not in my Windows Live folder.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

DUMBASSES.

My request wasn't coming, so after a while I requested again and it came instantly....
    -rvb

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I requested half a dozen times throughout the day/evening after I learned about this ENTIRELY PREDICTABLE AND EASILY AVOIDABLE DEBACLE. Nothing in my spam filter (not gmail) and no sign of email with a link for a password reset.

Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I'm not sure if this is consistent with what the civilian business world requires but obviously the DOD has put some effort into ensuring their password protocols are difficult to crack by using as many keyboard characters as possible. Here are the standards that we have to deal with. Use of this methodology for high level sites like banking and such is probably a goos idea.
    [FONT=lucida_sansregular]
    Must be 9 to 30 characters in length
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_sansregular]Contain at least one UPPERCASE letter
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_sansregular]Contain at least one lowercase letter
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_sansregular]Contain at least one number (0-9)
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_sansregular]Contain at least one of the following special characters:[/FONT][FONT=lucida_sansregular]# (pound or number sign)
    @ (at sign)
    $ (dollar sign)
    = (equal sign)
    + (plus sign)
    % (percent sign)
    ^ (caret)
    ! (exclamation)
    * (asterisk)
    _ (underline/underscore)

[/FONT]

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Here is the Blonde Password Solution:

During a recent password audit, it was found that a blonde was using the following password: "MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofySacramento"
    When asked why such a long password, she said she was told that it had to be at least 8 characters long and include at least one capital.

Top Bottom