• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2018/08/21/university-utah/

“Concealed carry is protected under your Second Amendment rights,” the teaching assistant acknowledges in the syllabus.

“However, because the University of Utah reserves the right to restrict elements of the First Amendment on campus to specifically sanctioned ‘free speech zones’ I am reserving the right to restrict elements of the Second Amendment in my own classroom.

“If you feel that it is somehow at all appropriate to bring a gun to class (hint: it is not — this is absurd, antisocial, and frightening behavior), you are restricted to spending your time in class in my ‘Second Amendment zone’ a 3x3 taped square on the floor in the very back of the classroom, that will be shared with all other gun carriers.”

Utah legislature passed laws specifically forbidding public universities from restricting both 1A and 2A rights, so the instructor was wrong on at least two counts.

Chris Nelson, the U.’s spokesman, said the one-paragraph “weapons policy” was removed from the online curriculum Tuesday, one day after fall classes started, and students were “alerted to the error.” The graduate assistant, too, has apologized, received additional training and will now “instead have other assignments.” The school has not identified the teacher.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I might have asked if various minorities were supposed to also go to the back, since people were being divided up and related to 2nd class citizens.

And I might have attempted to encourage the entire class to go to that spot.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Concealed means concealed.

"Who's gonna make me?" (power to set the grades aside) the unarmed person is going to force their will upon the armed?

Where's the class withdrawal form?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I think there should be a campus-wide 'discussion' on why the 2A in general and concealed carry on campus specifically must be respected without question and members of the campus community should be forced to confront their snowflakiness.

Also special workshops should be held for the teaching staff in particular to reeducate them on 2A rights, in particular the proper context of the militia clause, the true meaning of "shall not infringe", and the fundamental right of humans to self-defense whether against individual, overweening government, or totalitarian graduate instructors. Also the workshop should require participants to be able to field strip and reassemble either a 1911 or a Glock 19, while blindfolded, before receiving credit for the workshop.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think there should be a campus-wide 'discussion' on why the 2A in general and concealed carry on campus specifically must be respected without question and members of the campus community should be forced to confront their snowflakiness.
    I'm not convinced it's snowflake syndrome so much as they can't fathom that violence still exists/is needed in society. With their highly educated minds violence is beneath them. Those who resort to it or are prepared for it are therefore also beneath them.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm not convinced it's snowflake syndrome so much as they can't fathom that violence still exists/is needed in society. With their highly educated minds violence is beneath them. Those who resort to it or are prepared for it are therefore also beneath them.
    Some of their highly educated minds are just fine with abusing power, whether by draconian decrees or violence by other representatives of the state

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

:yesway:
    I agree. Their last fight was kindergarten, and then they were told to "get an adult".
    Which unfortunately trains them that they can't do anything about it, and when they are an adult, they need to get an "adult" (the gov't)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some of their highly educated minds are just fine with abusing power, whether by draconian decrees or violence by other representatives of the state

That's because, only witnessing violence on TV, they can not comprehend that it violence is a two way street.
    They can not imagine that the benevolent government may not be on their side, even though they are upset with Trump.
    And they can not imagine if they try to punch a nose, that their own nose may be punched back. Or how much it will hurt, or how much of a surprise it is.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    :yesway:
    I agree. Their last fight was kindergarten, and then they were told to "get an adult".
    Which unfortunately trains them that they can't do anything about it, and when they are an adult, they need to get an "adult" (the gov't)

I learned in kindergarten that some girls hit harder than others. :(

Top Bottom