• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dleeharrison

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Wahoooooo - I received my Utah Concealed Firearm Permit today - good for five years. Exactly two months from sending in the permit application. Took the course on May 6th 2010 and submitted the application on May 7th.

Life Member

Marksman
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Goshen
    Yes, I see Midwest gun and range is offering a Utah permit course. Is it for the 7 extra states that recognize that permit, that you got it? Midwest is charging 100 bucks for the course plus you send Utah 62.50 more. Renewal is only 10 bucks for another 5 years. Seems like a lot of money, unless you travel alot. How much did you pay to get yours?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Yes, I see Midwest gun and range is offering a Utah permit course. Is it for the 7 extra states that recognize that permit, that you got it? Midwest is charging 100 bucks for the course plus you send Utah 62.50 more. Renewal is only 10 bucks for another 5 years. Seems like a lot of money, unless you travel alot. How much did you pay to get yours?

One trip to Ohio makes it worth it. Im in Ohio once every other month or so, so it would be helpful. I wish I wasnt just getting over a knee injury that I had to miss a lot of work for, then summer shutdown... I dont think I can afford to do the class while they have it at Midwest. I will do it if they have it there again, or I will just drive to another range that is doing it.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    How hard was the course?

If you have ears, you will pass. ;)

Basically, the course is a 4-hour interactive lecture (at least the way the Dignitary Protection people did it).

There is no shooting, no test. It was a good course, with lots of good info. Some info was not interesting to me (gun nomenclature, how far bullets fly, things like that).

The best things that were covered were escalation of force and use of deadly force issues.

It would be a course worth taking even if you weren't getting the permit.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Can we just get a lifetime 50 state legal yet? It would make things so much easier.

No doubt, but there is no such thing. Issue laws are done at the state level. They vary from you can carry without any license whatsoever (Alaska & Vermont) to outright bans. For example, Illinois & Wisconsin do not issue permits and do not recognize other's permits.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    No doubt, but there is no such thing. Issue laws are done at the state level. They vary from you can carry without any license whatsoever (Alaska & Vermont) to outright bans. For example, Illinois & Wisconsin do not issue permits and do not recognize other's permits.

But Wisconsin will let you OC.

Illinois.... Well you are just screwed

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Congrats to you. I got mine last month and am glad I did. The class from Dignity Protection was eady and informative. I really liked the way the prepared all the paperwork. Hat's off to them.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    What do you need to have to legally OC in WIS??

My understanding is nothing, but it you CAN NOT CC. Only OC. I dont think it is California style (the weapon has to be unloaded) I believe it can be loaded, just has to be visible.

IANAL, verify this for yourself before carrying there.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I frequent upstate Wisconsin and would love to be able to carry. There are a few shady stops along the way and being able to carry would make things go smoother. Anybody with any more info, please inquire

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    OC is technically legal, but the AG of WI and many of the southern CLEO's have stated in no uncertain terms that they are going to hassle you, and may book you on disturbing the peace charges. I wouldn't be as worried about it up in the northern/more remote parts of the state, but don't do it in a more populated area, especially as a non-resident. You can EXPECT to get a VERY hard time.

I'll look for a link to the AG's opinion and quotes from Milwaukee police chief.

Top Bottom