• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well I just got my Utah non resident license....It took 52 days from the time they took payment on my charge card....:rockwoot:

Now I can finally carry in OH.....(I go there a lot)...Now if Illinois would just wake up.....:draw:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Man, I took that class and never mailed in my application. I wonder if it's too late?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You have a year after taking the class to send it in. Go for it!

I just pulled out my packet. I took the class on April 30, 2009! It will go in the mail on Monday morning. Thanks to the OP for the unintentional assistance.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What is required(training/test?) and how much $$ to get the UT permit?

Generally take a 4 hour class from a certified instructor ( $100 to $150) and send in the paperwork....

These classes are frequently posted here on INGO....that's how I found the one I took:ingo:

UIndyKenneth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Kokomo, IN
    Where did everyone take this class at? I may be interested in getting a Utah license because it would allow me to carry in OH and VA. I have family that live in VA and visit them every so often, so it would be nice to be able to carry there.

JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    they just processed my payment yesterday. I heard they were real backed up for a while but are at right around 60 days as of now.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Where did everyone take this class at? I may be interested in getting a Utah license because it would allow me to carry in OH and VA. I have family that live in VA and visit them every so often, so it would be nice to be able to carry there.

Check out Dignitary Protection Group. Took my class there a couple Saturdays ago in Indy. Jim Floyd's a GREAT guy and DPG is a site sponsor. Fun, informative class...

Dignitary Protection Group, LLC (DPG) - Training

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Well I just got my Utah non resident license....It took 52 days from the time they took payment on my charge card....:rockwoot:

Now I can finally carry in OH.....(I go there a lot)...Now if Illinois would just wake up.....:draw:

Congrats, dude.......I just received a letter from the State of Utah yesterday, they didn't like the picture I sent in....soooo, I had to re-take it, now I sent it in again, and now I wonder if it will take them ANOTHER 3 months to get back to me........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........

All who took that class in FEb., should be getting the answer soon...

I woulda had mine RIGHT NOW , if the picture would have been OK.......

BTW, NO one told me, including the arse-hole that took the photo, you must adhere to a very strict set of criteria in the photo.....

Apparently, the Utahs didn't like that I had on a winter coat on, uh....IT WAS WINTER, DUDES...

In any case, now my wait begins anew, dammitt........

Jeeez, all of this "hoop-jumpin'.." to get permitted to do a thing that I am right-fully assured by the Constitution is my RIGHT , which SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED....oh well...

The "man" says "jump"...and I say..."...how high ? ?..."

I am out....

Top Bottom