• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    I am waiting for the renewal of my Indiana permit. I have a current Utah non-resident permit too. Can I legally carry in Indiana with just the Utah permit while I wait for the Indiana? I will check into this more thoroughly tomorrow but I would like your thoughts on this for now. Thanks.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    No. You cannot carry with just a Utah permit if you live in Indiana.

When did the Indiana LTCH expire and when did you renew? If you renewed within 30 days prior to expiration you can carry on the receipt until the new one arrives.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I am waiting for the renewal of my Indiana permit. I have a current Utah non-resident permit too. Can I legally carry in Indiana with just the Utah permit while I wait for the Indiana? I will check into this more thoroughly tomorrow but I would like your thoughts on this for now. Thanks.

IIRC you could carry with your Indiana renewal pending... regardless of the Utah license.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    IIRC you could carry with your Indiana renewal pending... regardless of the Utah license.

ONLY if he renewed within 30 days prior to expiration.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Thanks all for the replies. Everything written so far squares with what I was told by my local sheriff's office. Thanks again!

Top Bottom