• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Boomer what states are you hoping to pickup with the Utah license? Florida might be a better although more costly choice. The advantage of Utah is that it is easy and cheap to renew vs Florida.

STILL HERE

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2024
    Some states do not recognize a permit if the permit holder is not a resident of the issuing state. You may gain some coverage and lose some. Examples: Michigan, Florida, among others, don't recognize permits issued to persons who are not a resident of the issuing state. They do however, recognize permits issued to residents of their respective states. Hope I'm not too far down in the weeds.

Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Should give Indiana residents with an Utah non-resident permit: Washington State, Nevada, Delaware and Nebraska. I want the Washington state, Nevada is a plus.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Some states do not recognize a permit if the permit holder is not a resident of the issuing state. You may gain some coverage and lose some. Examples: Michigan, Florida, among others, don't recognize permits issued to persons who are not a resident of the issuing state. They do however, recognize permits issued to residents of their respective states. Hope I'm not too far down in the weeds.
    Why would you lose coverage by getting another state's license?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Why would you lose coverage by getting another state's license?

You wouldn’t. I think he is just reminding people that a non-resident permit may not give the same reciprocity as a resident license. I assume the OP already has an Indiana LTCH so adding another states non-resident would add those states that recognize either license.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I was about to suggest AZ, as the OP may already have training that would qualify, BUT I see the OP is interested in WA, which AZ does not provide (although one would pick up NM).

Anywhoo. . . . .

Top Bottom