Delaware County Freehold
    Good info on the BP agent who took the perp out...if it's true

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Yeah, I'm sure Mitch will convince rabidly anti-gun dems to go along with a purely targeted GOP plan, with absolutely no gun bans or UBC nonsense.
    Which do you think is more likely, 11 Republican Senators (I can think of only 3 and Manchin is anti-UBC on private sales) going anti-2A or 10 Democratic Senators in red/purple states electing to do something that actually makes sense and appear bi-partisan hoping to avoid the shellacking from being in the the Biden/Schumer/Pelosi fiasco?

Mitch ain't perfect but he's the architect of the SCOTUS we have now... would you prefer Garland and whoever Biden would have picked over Gorsuch and Barrett?

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    Just guessing I'm not the only one aware the "gun control crowd" had their talking points ready and were holding press conferences before we even knew how many were killed and injured. The parents were still waiting to find out if their child was okay and the pundits already had their mouths running. That includes Joe Biden.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Just guessing I'm not the only one aware the "gun control crowd" had their talking points ready and were holding press conferences before we even knew how many were killed and injured. The parents were still waiting to find out if their child was okay and the pundits already had their mouths running. That includes Joe Biden.
    They always have their talking points ready.

"Today we had a senseless loss of _____ lives in the state of ___________, at ____________(location). Once again, a gunman(several gunmen) have attacked, this time at a ____________.....etc"

beep boop beep boop

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah, I'm sure Mitch will convince rabidly anti-gun dems to go along with a purely targeted GOP plan, with absolutely no gun bans or UBC nonsense.

I know you are purpling, but I think that is exactly what Mitch will do. It'll never come to a vote though.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is the GOP we're talking about. I think it's absolutely possible 11 would go anti-2A to some degree.
    We will see, the narrative has swung pretty hard. Less about gun control, and.. more Why the hell did the cops stand outside for 40 mins to an hour before doing anything.

I predict this fades quick, since it doesn't fit the "goverment will protect you, you don't need guns narrative"

Last edited:

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    We will see, the narrative has swung pretty hard. Less about gun control, and.. more Why the hell did the cops stand outside for 40 mins to an hour before doing anything.

I predict this fades quick, since it doesn't fit the "goverment will protect you, you don't need guns narrative"
    especially with the armed citizen who stopped another shooting in a crowd not long after...
    add to that the fact that the guy who actually took action in Uvalde wasn't acting so much as a federal agent as he was a father and husband, and you've got a pretty rough narrative for disarming citizens and putting their protection in the hands exclusively of LEOs:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    especially with the armed citizen who stopped another shooting in a crowd not long after...
    Unfortunately, that good news story is going to disappear quickly. It's a double dose of wrong narrative. Good person prevents a mass murder by shooting and killing a bad (black) guy. He did use "an AR-15 style rifle" to shoot into a crowd. Whatever the **** that is.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Unfortunately, that good news story is going to disappear quickly. It's a double dose of wrong narrative. Good person prevents a mass murder by shooting and killing a bad (black) guy. He did use "an AR-15 style rifle" to shoot into a crowd. Whatever the **** that is.
    I think the combination of the 2 articles gets both incidents flushed down the memory hole. You can't hold up uvalde as an example for gun control when there's a 2:1 of good guy with a gun stories tied to it, so all 3 narratives just need to go away.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Awful lot of G.I.s sitting around not doing much after leaving the sandbox, I can think of some schools " all of them " that could put these people to work pretty quick. He'll, we are paying them anyway. Most would be quick to notice that something wasn't right.
    After all, they have armed guards at sporting events, banks, grocery stores, concerts and about every place that people congregate. Why can't we do it for totally helpless children?
    I guarantee just their presence will change a bad guys mind.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom