• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Something that's been bothering me is do the classroom doors have windows? Supposedly the room had 2 doors, gunman in the room can't cover both windows at the same time.

Just a thought that keeps bothering me.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I wonder how things might have been different had a teacher not propped a door open.
    Typically door locks are easy to defeat. Even the commercial versions that I have dealt with. I can get into most in a couple seconds with a pair of slip joint pliers.

Kid had an AR and the will to use it. One round placed correctly above the key hole would probably do it. Add to that the fact that he had multiple mags of ammo.

Now don't get me wrong, propping the door is a problem that needs addressed. It would probably buy the kids and staff a couple seconds. Now if they had panic hardware attached on the other side that could cause more delay. Just depends on if the door was an emergency exit or not.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Typically door locks are easy to defeat. Even the commercial versions that I have dealt with. I can get into most in a couple seconds with a pair of slip joint pliers.

Kid had an AR and the will to use it. One round placed correctly above the key hole would probably do it. Add to that the fact that he had multiple mags of ammo.

Now don't get me wrong, propping the door is a problem that needs addressed. It would probably buy the kids and staff a couple seconds. Now if they had panic hardware attached on the other side that could cause more delay. Just depends on if the door was an emergency exit or not.

Perhaps....given the ***hole could not drive a truck I suspect he would have more than average trouble than average getting through a locked door.

Regardless, I do think it noteworthy that a teacher propping open a door is being glossed over.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have heard of it happening locally for years. Multiple school systems.

More people are seeing the light about the security lapse it causes tho.

My wife has kicked a few rocks out into the parking lot because they were used as door props.

I always said that if it was allowed to happen then why lock any of the doors. I know some of the kids would do it as well, but mostly staff.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

People who are psychotic enough to commit mass murder usually lack the brain power to know how to open a locked door.

It's usually incredible just how little it takes to stop people like that.

Now people wanting to commit petty crimes? Yeah, usually they aren't planning a trip to the morgue afterwards and have a little more sense.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I wonder how things might have been different had a teacher not propped a door open.
    Say Her Name!

I hope they name the teacher who was culpable for this failure in security. Then every time she walks down the sidewalk, goes to the grocery, sits at a restaurant, people give her the stink eye and she burst into tears of shame and guilt.

Every day of her life should be haunted by her failure to protect those children. She deserves to suffer.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Say Her Name!

I hope they name the teacher who was culpable for this failure in security. Then every time she walks down the sidewalk, goes to the grocery, sits at a restaurant, people give her the stink eye and she burst into tears of shame and guilt.

Every day of her life should be haunted by her failure to protect those children. She deserves to suffer.
    While I agree with the fact that the teacher screwed the pooch on this, how many others did the same thing? All should be accountable.

Once one person gets away with the act others seem to think it's okay to do it too.

I can't imagine how bad she is feeling right now. Haunted for life doesn't even begin to describe it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Probably not a good idea to fire something like that in a building full of people.

True in one application, they are good at spreading fire around a room, however, they are not hard to engage and literally cover a man sized target at room range. I've fired and demonstrated these for a long time, if it was my soul on the line charging through a door that's exactly what I would want. THE HOSE.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    While I agree with the fact that the teacher screwed the pooch on this, how many others did the same thing? All should be accountable.

Once one person gets away with the act others seem to think it's okay to do it too.

I can't imagine how bad she is feeling right now. Haunted for life doesn't even begin to describe it.

Agree.

I would start by holding accountable the one who propped open the door and enabled easy access for a murderous thug.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Vanity, like stupidity, knows no bounds.
    Yep. They all are looking to get their face in public to increase their profile when no one is paying attention to them otherwise. It's pretty pathetic when they use such a tragedy like this to do it.

Top Bottom