• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Not a ton of work or anything yet, but thought I'd post pictures of what I have anyway. This is really just to keep me motivated more than anything. I picked up an UZI kit a while back and just got my McKay industries fully welded receiver. My plans are to start some SBR paperwork on it very soon and begin the build.... alright, this one is more of an "assembly". It will end up with a 10.5" barrel whenever my stamp goes through. The McKay receiver looks great, very square, already has the blocking bar welded in, and fits my top cover perfectly. With the receiver stubs and spare parts I'll have remaining after this build, I plan to do a second build using the stubs from the original kid, bending a flay, or wimping out and using a D&D prebent non-welded receiver. I opted to go fully welded first due to never actually handling an uzi before and not really knowing how the parts fit together. I wanted to keep guesswork to a minimum. I have a bit of work to do yet including stripping it all down and blasting it, installing a blocking bar in the lower stopping the selector switch to go to the FA position, and I'm going to pick up a new SA sear and 16" barrel ( for the time being).

And you have to have a mock up picture...

I'll update if I make any noteworthy progress!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Ill be following this thread! I have yet to start building my Uzi (i picked up one of the fixed black poly stocks) I picked up the repair section for mine...which is the direction id recomend (for your left over reciver parts if you go that route) over the reciever flat (cant seem to be able to find bending jigs for them)....quite a great motivator for me as well!

Top Bottom